MS-6330 ver: 2.1 - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: MS-6330 ver: 2.1

Excellent information Soyonara, thanks for posting it and welcome to Windrivers!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by fozzie
    hi guys after wandering the net looking for answers ive ended up here. i was given an old gateway select 1100 thats about 3-4 years old. it has the ms-6330 ver2.1 motherboard. the computer has all the original hardware and was running winme but it had so many problems i decided to reformat the hd and install winxp. now everything is running great i have had no problems with winxp except for one thing. when i boot up the computer i get a "Reboot Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" message and it gets stuck there. if i press alt+ctrl+del it will continue to boot up normally and all is fine. i looked into this problem and gateway tells me to update the bios in order to fix this problem (http://support.gateway.com/s/issues/151305110.shtml). so i downloaded the file and followed all their instructions step by step in order to update the bios only problem now is it doesnt seem to work. tells me to leave the diskette in the drive and restart the computer to get the update going but when i restart the computer i just get a "non-system disk or disk error" message. ive gone through numerous brand new disks to try and get it to work. no luck. so ive gone through the msi website to try and find a bios update there but i cant seem to locate it. im using the computer right now and everything runs fine.. i just hate to have to alt+ctrl+del that first message everytime i turn on the computer. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
    I am currently having the same problem. However my situation is also diffrent. I have been tryint to do a new clean install of WINDOWSXP HOME EDITION and it wont read it.. it works fine on other computers and i have even used the HDD that is witht he ms-6330 ver:2.1 mobo on other computers to test its stability... i have used ISO test it and it passes. Now the HDD is zeroed out and is not formatted. and it still wont read the xp cd. i have tried cable other cdroms includint a dvdrom.. but to na avail. still get the same message. I will try to install the BIOS update but i will use IBM-formatted disketts like they said and see if that works... did any of youguys actually got the update completed ??? and how can i get it to read my XP CD so i can install mY OS??? Hope you guys can help me. Thanks

pryma

Welcome to Windrivers pryma

Have you tried with the cd rom and the hard drive on the same ide channel?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Sorry about another resurrection:
    But Ginormouse case and all is still running fine after all these years. I have not touched/cleaned/or moved the case since it was original set down in the spot it is still in.

Set it and forget it!

Ron

Its amazing how this thread just keeps bouncing back...........
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine

Laugh

How about a blast from the past:
    http://www.pcpartsohio.com/BookDetail.aspx?item_id=336&

Keeps going and going

Ron

"Socket 462 for Further Expansion"

$19?? that much?!

It seems fitting that this long running thread.........
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

.........should contain my 500th post.

Congrats ADS!

Retired

She was the last one I had running 2kPro on
    Ran 24/7 on an UPS
    In all of these years it was maybe turned off 6 times? (Even a UPS doesnt last for long power outages)
    Still in the huge case
    Still way too many fans
    Everything silent, everything still

Sort of melancholy

Ron

Old computers never die, they just wait in a corner.

What about old Techies? I certainly need a memory upgrade at least. Going upstairs and forgetting what for all the time.

I cured that.... I quit going upstairs!