Several errors in XP
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Several errors in XP

Several errors in XP

for some reason I have goten several errors on my PC, here is some of them

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bf8a2c76, parameter3 b9d1fbe4, parameter4 00000000.

Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 80042000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Error code 00000050, parameter1 88b64688, parameter2 00000001, parameter3 8052ec54, parameter4 00000000.

thise are not all, I have also goten

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (0x00000050) where win32k.sys was indetefied. I have also goten 0x0000004e, 0x000000BE, 0x0000001A

I thought it was that I had to small a powersupply but the I disconnected a HDD my CD-burner.

system is this:

Operating System
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (build 2600)
    2.07 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP (2600+)
    NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A
    WDC WD1800JB
    764mb ddr memory( cant remember what brand atm)
    msi gf4 ti4200 64mb
    k7n2 delta-L motherboard
    300w powersupply

That is what I have in now, I have aslo a 120gb hdd and a cd-burner but they arnt connected atm.

I have run a memtest 86 that havent found any errors with my ram.
    I also get errors when I use programs thise seems to be random aswell :\
    For some reason when I install driver updates for my gf4 ti4200 I get a msg that it hasnt past the xp test, is this normal or?
    If anyone need any more info just ask and I will try to get it
    Last edited by Qerr; April 1st, 2004 at 03:21 PM.

Welcome to Windrivers Qerr

Run a check on your hard drive, scandisk with surface test option selected.

As for not passing the XP compatability, no big deal, just means they didn't send that version to ms for validation. You can get other versions that have been from Nvidia.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    .. just means they didn't send that version to ms for validation. You can get other versions that have been from Nvidia.
    Just for now .. maybe go get one that did/does !?! (at least it eliminates it) .. these all look like IRQ 'issues' when its misbehaving on a share ! , IRQ for VGA should 'almost always' want be allocated in bios & not be sharing with anything else at all..

Have you update all XP files and drivers?

Make sure the Bus Mastering drivers are up to date before installing the video drivers...

Did this just suddenly occur or is this off a fresh install?
    "GOOD 2 GO"

NooNoo: I ran a chckdisk if thats what you mean by scandisk( I couldn't find any scandisk options)

and as for the driver I dl it with the msi live update program.

I cant quiet remember when it startet but I think it started after I put in my new motherboard(hope it isnt the motherboard again, had a problem with it earlyer had to send it in and get a new one) and cpu.

So you have XP errors everywhere after replacing the mobo...

If you haven't done so you'll need to update/replace the HAL for the new mobo...you will continue to get these errors unless the mobo was the same model and brand name or you reinstall XP
    "GOOD 2 GO"

HAL what is that -_-;?
    but any way I got pissed at my pc so I formated c and reinstalled xp, will let you know how it goes(if that was the problem).

HAL = Hardware Abstraction Layer

Definition: A windows XP service that provide basic input/output services such as timers, interrupt, and mutliprocessor management for computer hardware.
    The HAL is a device driver for the motherboard circuitry that allows different families of computers to be treated the same by Windows XP Operating System

Hal.dll is file needed to be updated...

This maybe the cause of your problem....Re-installing should fix your problem

Can you give me the model # of the mobo old and new
    "GOOD 2 GO"

well reinstalling xp didnt work, so far I have had

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    0x00000050
    navex15.sys

Memory_management
    0x0000001A

and

0x0000008E
    win32k.sys

and that is since yesterday evening :\ about 5 pm here now.

[QUOTE=Qerr]well reinstalling xp didnt work, so far I have had

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    0x00000050
    navex15.sys

Norton Anti Virus .... Well I would first dump this program....I hate Norton...

Memory_management
    0x0000001A

and

0x0000008E
    win32k.sys

Well I did some research and there are tonnes of people receiving this error...
    The majority of the problems appear to RAM related...

I know you probably don't want to do this but...Try it anywaze

Lower the speed of the RAM down in the BIOS...Perhaps the RAM isn't as fast as stamped

Other people have had to switch brand names of RAM...Use the recommended type posted by the manufacture of the mobo.

Next solution is...
    in the BIOS change the RAM timing from "Optimal" to "Sync" ... if you have the option

And finally use 44.03 Detonator Driver if this is compativle with your Video Card...I think it is...People say that this has help out....

Hope this helps...
    "GOOD 2 GO"

I could ditch norton but then I would need another anti virus and firewall program.

as for the memory tips I'll try them out.
    I did run a memtest86 that didnt find anything.

I got another error now ^_^

Irql_not_less_or_equal
    0x0000000A

I wish that it could be just one or two errors instead of 10+ ^_^;;

Seems like RAM

Hello guys!

I came across this forum looking to solve a problem I'm having, but looks like I might help you out.

The errors you described are most likely RAM related. I noticed you have a 768 Mb RAM, what means you have two sticks (512 + 256). Make sure they are the same brand, or, at least, the same clock. Try taking one out and runnig memtest. If no errors are found, that could do it.

Anyway, one of the erros is driver related. Some service that XP could not load, and thats exactly the error I'm getting. If you have any USB devices, like broadband modems or wireless interface throgh USB, make sure its has the latest drivers installed. At least, that seems to be what is causing my 1000007f, 00000008, 80042000 error.

Sorry about the English, but I'm from Brazil, and sometimes I can do some real stupid mistypes.

Hope I coul help!

See ya

Late read but a simple trick may help. Remove all your PCI cards, make sure thay are in different slots and try again. Where the cards go can be crucial and could account for some of the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bookmarkmns
    Late read but a simple trick may help. Remove all your PCI cards, make sure thay are in different slots and try again. Where the cards go can be crucial and could account for some of the issues.
    I agree with that advice BUT IN 2K AND XP you must uninstall each card in device manager first. You can uninstall them altogether and shut down and remove them. Both XP and 2k don't like having hardware shifted around without warning - nics are exceptionally difficult.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Sorry sloppy thinking from me, Noo-Noo, that is the route to take. UNINSTALL first and then try the cards in a different order.