USB problem, Digital Camera, and WinXP

Thread: USB problem, Digital Camera, and WinXP

USB problem, Digital Camera, and WinXP

Hello,

New to the forum and hoping I can find some answers to my dilemna. I recently purchased a Minolta digital camera and when connecting it to any one of my USB ports, the hardware driver wizard keeps popping up and is not able to load the device. I thought this was an issue with the camera but according to the Minolta tech support team, the driver required by the camera should automatically be loaded by the XP OS without intervention.

I exchanged the camera anyways and I am still having the same problem. I removed all the host controllers and reinstalled them but to no success. I have two other USB devices connected, one of them being a laser printer and another being a USB mouse and they both appear to be working fine. (Mind you though I had drivers available for them on CD from the vendor). I have disconnected them and tried to connect the camera only but still no success.

I know for sure it is not the camera as I was able to install it on my Win98SE and also got it working successfully on my friends Windows XP media center edition. I am currently using a Vaio laptop, Phoenix BIOS, and after speaking to my colleagues, some of them mention that preinstalled versions of XP (ie: not having the installation completed using an OEM disc) can cause headaches when it comes to drivers.

Not too sure how true this is but I thought I test my laptop with other USB devices. Oddly enough I am having the same problem. I tried to install a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card and an external memory card reader and both are having the exactly the same problems. Same as the camera, the devices should automatically be detected by XP.

If anyone can give me some pointers, it would be great as this laptop is starting to piss me off. Oh yah, already installed XP SP1 and gone through all the vendor troubleshooting but nada.

Thanks

Welcome to WinDrivers taeoug. Can you tell us which vaio you have and which minolta camera? Also, which error message are you getting (i.e., code 10, etc.)?

The problem w/ the usb 2.0 card may or may not be related, as you can't swing a dead cat around here without someone posting a problem about one.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.