Mcsa?

Thread: Mcsa?

Question Mcsa?

I was also evaluating the possible options available in the way of MS certs when I cam across ajm62's thread.

What do you think about the MCSA variants?

Worthwhile for sysadmins, or go with MCSE instead?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I was also evaluating the possible options available in the way of MS certs when I cam across ajm62's thread.

What do you think about the MCSA variants?

Worthwhile for sysadmins, or go with MCSE instead?
    I would like to get a MCSA. It is hard to find time to devote to getting certifications, so I thought the MCSA would be a quicker alternate to the MCSE. Plus, since I am A+ and Server+ certified, I can skip a test on the MCSA which will make it even quicker. I suppose the MCSE would hold a little more weight if I was looking to change jobs, but they both would look good on a resume.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

I would tend to agree with you...unless I was an employer: which I am. But, being a small empoyer, unlike most, I would want to, and need to, test your skills. THAT is the only way to know, imho. But what corporation does that? No, they want credentials first, and then proof. Oh well...their loss.
    So, do what you have time for Pinnacle, and then go out and PROVE yourself!

BTW:
    What about Mom's PC?
    You have many of us waiting man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    I would tend to agree with you...unless I was an employer: which I am. But, being a small empoyer, unlike most, I would want to, and need to, test your skills. THAT is the only way to know, imho. But what corporation does that? No, they want credentials first, and then proof. Oh well...their loss.
    So, do what you have time for Pinnacle, and then go out and PROVE yourself!

BTW:
    What about Mom's PC?
    You have many of us waiting man!!!
    Sorry about the delay. I put an update in that thread. I had incorrect dates. My parents are going down to my brother's house tomorrow (Thursday) and will leave the computer with him. He is leaving on a week long vacation about the time they arrive, so he will not be able to fix it until he returns. I will not forget to post the winning answer.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

From what I understand of it, once you become MSCA certed, then you are basically automatically MSCE certified. And speaking of which, my MSCE books are on their way. Wrbby's gonna be a bookwork for a few months! w00t!
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    From what I understand of it, once you become MSCA certed, then you are basically automatically MSCE certified.
    Methinks you are drunk if you believe that one ..

MCSA or MCSE: Which Certification is Right for You?

Choose the MCSE credential if you:
    Plan, design, and implement Microsoft Windows server solutions and architectures in medium- to large-sized companies.
    Have at least one year of experience implementing and administering network operating systems and desktop operating systems.
    Choose the MCSA credential if you:
    Implement, manage, and maintain the typically complex computing environment of medium- to large-sized companies.
    Have 6–12 months of experience administering client and network operating systems
    I get to see loads of folks now (got myself some work as a technical advisor to an IT agency) - & no doubt about it the monkeys trained to MCSA level are even more ape like than the monkeys trained to MCSE level ..

Look at those 'experience' levels - proper 'mickey mouse' now the lot of them are - sadly dumbarses who know nothing about IT at all 'really' will continue to be influenced by what is just yet another revenue stream for M$, they cottoned on to this about 3 years ago & the exams have been getting steadily easier & easier ..

Once upon a time MCSE meant you were automatically gonna get '1st class' candidates - now it means you are gonna get applicants with acne !