Quote Originally Posted by dennisd567
Sorry for the number of entries but this is a tough bug....after fixing the one I've been discussing I found an entry on Nortons site with more specific info for those interested....
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...av&svy=&csm=no
Thanks for the replies, and especially the link to the symantec page. Had installed Norton Internet Security 2004 not so long ago. Not until I visited the web page did I realise that a CD would load up if it was in the drive before the power was turned on. Have now deleted NIS and happy to say that both my drives now work.
But then comes my next problem. My PC now no longer has any virus protection. Have deleted all temporary internet files and tried to reinstall NIS but each time I do this I lose access to my CD/DVD drives. Not an even trade off, so have to go without virus protection at the moment. Has anyone else encountered this and have you found out a solution to this. The symantec site doesn't have a solution that works and only form of technical support seems to be over the phone (no guarantees that they will be able to help). After several hours of trying various solutions am still having no luck in getting my drives to work whilst simultaneously keeping my virus protection. Any ideas anyone?