Back-up for dummies?

Thread: Back-up for dummies?

Question Back-up for dummies?

I am looking for some CD backup software for a Vet clinic I am doing some side work for. I am upgrading their PCs and network to prepare them for moving to a larger (high-tech) location. They are currently using the old IOMEGA one step software to backup onto zip disks. This software is just not reliable enough and I want to make use of the CDRW drives I have in their new PCs. So, the question is....what is the best bang for the buck in CD backup software? Below are the particular features I need.

BTW: Keep in mind that these are Vet techs and Vet Phisicians (i.e. Below your average end user). A one click solution is in order.

1.) Most software I see has automated back-ups, but this will not be needed. They have to carry the media out with them after closing in case there is a fire or something. The backup is done every day at closing.

2.) Once I set this up, it has to remember its settings even though it is not automated. They will not know how to select the folders they need, and they do not have the desire to learn how.

3.) Overwriting of previous backups is preffered, but not neccessary. I am only looking at a backup of about 40MB daily so it wont get too expensive on the CDs even if I am doing individual backups.

Thanks in advance for the responses.
    I dont feel tardy...

Why do they all need to take 40 meg home each night?

Its not all of them, Just one. Anyone responsible for closing would carry a disk Home with them with the accumulated data backed up on it. The amount of data will grow over time. since it is al a pool of client records and receipts.

The software they are using to run the practice is really quite simple, thats why the data amount is so small. Eventually this will grow beyond the 100MB limit of that old zip drive though and I was looking to nip this in the bud (so to speak) in advance.
    I dont feel tardy...

BackUp My PC is pretty easy to use and should do all you want of it with a CDRW. My vet clinic as well as several others use it:
    http://www.stompsoft.com/bump/

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    I have 3 places using NTI BackupNow Deluxe ver 3.0. See it at http://www.ntius.com/default.asp?p=backupnow/bun_main
    You can try it for free "Download your FREE trial version, good for up to 30 days, 5 uses or 10 uses, depends on product"
    Purchase price is 59 or 69 depending.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush