Sideways display - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sideways display

Its easy to fix it, just tell her to drop the file cabinet (or whatever it was) in precisely the same way wit hthe keyboard at the same place

Honestly though my ATI drivers have that feature, all I know is alt+F5 changes to TV out only because I often hit alt+F5 went I meant to do alt+F4 and it turns my monitor off.

They either have the Intel extreme video card software installed or more likely nVidia.

Tilt your head sideways and disable nVidia rotate in the advanced section of display proporties, if it has a nVidia card.

If it is an intel card, right click the intel extreme icon on the taskbar and you can disable rotate from there.

Thanks

This info helped us perfectly!

Smile Monitor Sideways

Quote Originally Posted by crasher
    If it is an XP OS, if you press down the ctrl and Alt key simutaneously and hit any directional arrow, the screen will go black and then display in that position.
    This is exactly what to happened to my eMachine system running XP. The key combination above fixed the problem!

Thanks to all that replied to this post. The answer was exactly on subject and fixed the problem. please consider this post closed!

Thanks again, Andiol

I had a similar problem. I was playing this game called MapleStory, which runs in full screen mode, and all of a sudden, the game shut down. Then when the desktop appeared, the screen was tilted to the side. I did sytem recovery, which DID help, but it happened again today. after reading that it could be the problem of ATI, i looked on my taskbar, and i saw the intel graphics icon. I right clicked, and clicked graphic options, went to properties, clicked on the Rotation tab, and switched it to normal. it worked!

edit: i didn't see that the topic was closed, sorry. Anyway, the shortcut would be better than going through all the steps i mentioned

will this thread ever die???
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Welcome to Windrivers proguy

I wonder why you chose to post in a thread that's been dormant for 17 months...?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

sorry

i bearly joined this forum

Well Welcome then proguy... but please when answering in a thread, make sure that the last post date and time is within the last couple of months. The older threads are left up so that other people may find a fix or follow a discussion and then post a new thread about the current problem.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."