HP CDRW 9100 series and IBM Aptiva

Thread: HP CDRW 9100 series and IBM Aptiva

Angry HP CDRW 9100 series and IBM Aptiva

I have a IBM 2194-302 and a HP CDRW 9100 installed and the regular cd -rom that came with the system and running windows XP. The issue seems to be both cd-roms not showing up as installed when you get into windows and also when I push the power button on one of the cd roms they do not seem to open.
    I have checked the IDE cabled and reconnected them several times and some times this works and some times not. I have checked with HP on the 9100 and says disable the DMA on the cd writter.
    James

Jsigmon, do they show up in device manager?
    Has this happened since you installed the 9100? What ide cable did you use? Which ide port? is it secondary or master? What about the jumpers?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Update

When I tried to burn cd's today with CD creator it now get errors saying some thing about aspi errors.
    James

download and install this Then after reboot, use the aspichk.exe to make sure its installed correctly.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."