Adultery 2 - Page 3

View Poll Results: Have you ever cheated on your spouse?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 14.04%
  • No

49 85.96%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Adultery 2

Quote Originally Posted by Orangeman
    You two sound like a perfect match....maybe you should think about having an affair...
    pokes head out his rabbit hole

What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by PreciousAngelJS25
    I so agree with you adept! I believe that if you commit yourself to someone, you should remain faithful in ALL aspects, not just sexually.

*high five to adept* You're wife is a lucky one!
    What in that she's married to someone who is self deluded ?

According to this thread, or at least Adepts interpretation, ANY transgression from the 'I only want you & you alone & nobody else ever even in my mind for a passing moment' is adultery.

Well thats just a 'crock of sh!t' - no way has any 'sexual being' not at least momentarily considered 'a.n.other' - acting on it, is what counts (now if you want to have a debate where the 'line' is on this, then thats another matter) - so that's the second poll I shan't be voting on

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    ...According to this thread, or at least Adepts interpretation, ANY transgression from the 'I only want you & you alone & nobody else ever even in my mind for a passing moment' is adultery...
    I specifically said that this was MY opinion - but not the way you report it here.

Fidelity to me is not just phtsical, it is also emotional. It's not a quaestion of "wanting" or "having", it's all about "being" for me. Have I in the past and do I today have thoughts that are not directed at my wife? Of course I do.

But I choose not to dwell on them.

My comments do not necessarily reflect those of the thread starter.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    To me, "cheating" is being unfaithful to my marriage vows.

It's keeping in mind that she's mine and I am hers to the exclusion of all others.

That means that sexually, romantically, emotionally I am devoting myself to my wife. It's not just a sex thing for me personally.

It's keeping my heart and my thoughts centered on my wife and the promise I made to her.
    One of the best explanations I've heard. you don't have to have sex to cheat, and I think if you asked most women which would be more painful to them a purely physical affair, or a purely emotional one, I think most would choose the emotional one. . . . . at least that's what my wife says.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    One of the best explanations I've heard. you don't have to have sex to cheat, and I think if you asked most women which would be more painful to them a purely physical affair, or a purely emotional one, I think most would choose the emotional one. . . . . at least that's what my wife says.
    That is what they say when they are having a physical one

Banned
    Precisous, you are young still, your interest will start to wain, maybe find a new guy, one day you will cheat, it is in the "oh so mature" female blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Precisous, you are young still, your interest will start to wain, maybe find a new guy, one day you will cheat, it is in the "oh so mature" female blood.

:cheers: to that!.

It's good to be the King.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I specifically said that this was MY opinion - but not the way you report it here.

Fidelity to me is not just phtsical, it is also emotional. It's not a quaestion of "wanting" or "having", it's all about "being" for me. Have I in the past and do I today have thoughts that are not directed at my wife? Of course I do.

But I choose not to dwell on them.

My comments do not necessarily reflect those of the thread starter.
    Having fantasies about another is a normal part of life. I have been faithfull for eighteen years, that doesn't mean I haven't had thoughts. H3ll, sometimes those thoughts make for more interesting latenight entertainment if you get my drift.
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by jitBob
    Having fantasies about another is a normal part of life. I have been faithfull for eighteen years, that doesn't mean I haven't had thoughts. H3ll, sometimes those thoughts make for more interesting latenight entertainment if you get my drift.
    So THAT'S where all the kleenex and lotion has been disappearing too all this time!!!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    Does the current g/f know that you were cheating when you first hooked up
    with her?

If so, I think she's a fool. I never understood women who think that they can hook up with a guy who has a g/f, and then act all shocked when he does it to him.
    "I know he did it when he was with her, but I can't believe he did it to me!"

Once a cheat, always a cheat.
    Well in defense of my friend (Spork's girlfriend) I will say I don't think she was a fool at all. From my understanding they work together for a long time and became really good friends. She told me he was in a drawn-out tired relationship with a no-so-attrative prude. They met and fell in love as friends. He dumped the other girl and Started dating my friend. But yeah they got it on before he dumped the other girl.

I don't think once a cheat always a cheat. You have to consider age. At least I think you do. When you are young don't always make good choices.

I have cheated on guys before but that doesn't mean I have cheated on them all. The one guy I really loved I would have never cheated on. But I guess he didn't feel the same

If your not married or engaged is it really cheating anyway?
    Whitney

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker
    If your not married or engaged is it really cheating anyway?
    Don't know, that's a good question. I still think in his case, or even yours, cheating (if you wanna call it that) on your b/f or g/f is a low down and dirty thing to do. If you want out of the relationship or have found somebody else you want to be with, have the decency to cut it off with who you're currently with before moving into another bed.

That's just my opinion, I know many would not agree.

Quote Originally Posted by PuterGeekGirl
    So THAT'S where all the kleenex and lotion has been disappearing too all this time!!!
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    Don't know, that's a good question. I still think in his case, or even yours, cheating (if you wanna call it that) on your b/f or g/f is a low down and dirty thing to do. If you want out of the relationship or have found somebody else you want to be with, have the decency to cut it off with who you're currently with before moving into another bed.

That's just my opinion, I know many would not agree.
    I agree with you 100% and I think most people would agree that would be the "right" thing to do. But we humans don't always make the best choices.
    I guess IMO all is forgiven unless you cheat on your Fiancé or Spouse.
    Whitney

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    But we humans don't always make the best choices.
    Don't I know it!

I agree with you 100% and I think most people would agree that would be the "right" thing to do. But we humans don't always make the best choices.
    I guess IMO all is forgiven unless you cheat on your Fiancé or Spouse.
    Even then, things can be worked out. It all depends on why it was done and whether or not it's worth the effort to work it out.