laptop display issue

Thread: laptop display issue

laptop display issue

So to make this very short.... I really need help. My laptop display (Compaq Presario 2100) is upside down. My entire display is inverted, and I'm not too thrilled about reading things upside down and moving my mouse in inverted directions. I tried to readjust my display settings in safe mode... but the display is still upside down in normal mode. Any suggestions?

edit: Now I have an error regarding that my ATI driver is not functioning properly.
    Last edited by kimk; July 7th, 2004 at 09:38 PM.

Welcome to Windrivers kimk

Does anyone else have access to your laptop?

there is a new updated ati driver at compaq

Be sure to read the installation instructions which are downloaded in the softpaq.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by kimk
    So to make this very short.... I really need help. My laptop display (Compaq Presario 2100) is upside down. My entire display is inverted, and I'm not too thrilled about reading things upside down and moving my mouse in inverted directions. I tried to readjust my display settings in safe mode... but the display is still upside down in normal mode. Any suggestions?

edit: Now I have an error regarding that my ATI driver is not functioning properly.
    I presume this only happens in Normal Mode, and in Safe Mode, everything is right-side-up, is that correct?

Some graphics cards offer an option in its control panel to invert the screen. Most ATI graphics software will have an icon on the Start Bar, or in Control Panel. Look for this option.

Unfortunately, I do not have any PC's right now with an ATI video card, but I have seen the settings before, and was quite intrigued by it.

Ctrl-Alt-Down Arrow flips the display upside down. Try that key combination again, or Ctrl-Alt-Up Arrow
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.