Al-Qaeda planning on disrupting U.S. elections. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Al-Qaeda planning on disrupting U.S. elections.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    I know it's not right, but frankly I got so sick of all the terrorist alerts and warnings that I just ignore them anymore.

After you hear so many false alarms, you start to ignore the alarm, sort of like "the boy who cried wolf" story.

Its just they dont want to mess up again, so every little alarm that goes off in the US means a major announcement.

If they get some (even remote) hint of an impending attack, they have to put out an "alert" no matter how vague. If they decided against putting an alert out because of the lack of details - and something big were to happen - then it would be their azzes because they didn't warn anyone!

I think if there were to be an attack just before the elections, it would swing the vote TOWARDS Bush. He'd jump up, take the helm, and his approval ratings would skyrocket again.

Frankly, I don't pay any attention to the alerts unless there some specific and not sensationalized information.
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by drewmaztech
    If they get some (even remote) hint of an impending attack, they have to put out an "alert" no matter how vague. If they decided against putting an alert out because of the lack of details - and something big were to happen - then it would be their azzes because they didn't warn anyone!

I think if there were to be an attack just before the elections, it would swing the vote TOWARDS Bush. He'd jump up, take the helm, and his approval ratings would skyrocket again.

Frankly, I don't pay any attention to the alerts unless there some specific and not sensationalized information.
    Boston is so going to suck at the end of the month.

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    I know it's not right, but frankly I got so sick of all the terrorist alerts and warnings that I just ignore them anymore.

After you hear so many false alarms, you start to ignore the alarm, sort of like "the boy who cried wolf" story.
    The site I work at has three designated Public Drinking Water Systems associated even though they are technically private drinking water systems. The State of Alaska does not designate private from public. By law whenever the Alert Status changes I have to put out a nifty poster with the alert status and then communicate via email to the rest of management the change. I am frelling sure that the wolves, wolverines, caribou, moose, foxes, bears and beavers really appreciate me trekking out to these sites and posting signs that only THEY will read!

And don't EVEN get me started on the other things I (or my designee) have to do in re to other facilities we have up here!
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.