i'm confused (political)

Thread: i'm confused (political)

i'm confused (political)

I recieved this in an email today and thought i would post it here. normally i don't get into the political debates but thought this was interesting enough to pass on

I'm so confused.....

Lemme see, have I got this straight?

Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good... Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad...

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good... Bush spends 87 billion in Iraq - bad...

Clinton imposes regime change in Serbia - good... Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Clinton bombs Christian Serbs on behalf of Muslim Albanian terrorists - good... Bush liberates 25 million from a genocidal dictator - bad...

Clinton bombs Chinese embassy - good... Bush bombs terrorist camps - bad...

Clinton commits felonies while in office (not to mention Monica) - good... Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit - bad...

Clinton says mass graves in Serbia - good... Entire world says WMD in Iraq - bad...

No mass graves found in Serbia - good... No WMD found Iraq - bad...

Stock market crashes in 2000 under Clinton - good... Recession under Bush - bad...

Clinton refuses to take custody of Bin Laden - good... World Trade Centers fall under Bush - bad...

Clinton says Saddam has nukes - good... Bush says Saddam has nukes - bad...

Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - good... Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Terrorist training in Afghanistan under Clinton - good... Bush destroys training camps in Afghanistan - bad...

Milosevic not yet convicted - good... Saddam in custody - bad...

Ah, it's so confusing!

Unless of course you understand the Democrats thought process & the Liberal News Media!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    "I've always been crazy, it has keep me from going insane"

That list is pretty disingenuous at best.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Allow me to introduce you to our in-house Liberal-Zealot Techs. I'm sure you'll get on famously.

However, I'm afraid you'll have to arm wrestle Jaxson for the position of in-house Rightwing-Evangelist.

And for the record and to clarify my position, I have patented the phrases "Moron from Texas" and also "The Mass. Moron", which basically means I don't give a hoot about either political party.

Cheers

Bollocks

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    Ok, admitting you don't understand is the first step in gettting help. So here goes:

Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good... Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad...
    Bush fails to oversee Halliburton contracts and millions are overcharged. Clinton oversees Halliburton and they don't

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good... Bush spends 87 billion in Iraq - bad...
    Clinton tells the American people why and what we are going to do. Then carries it out despite European resistance. Then Clinton gets the Europeans on board. Bush lies to get the American people to support invading Iraq. Then when the world finds out we are stuck there virtually alone.

Clinton imposes regime change in Serbia - good... Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...
    Clinton stops ethnic cleansing in Serbia. Earns the goodwill of the world. Separates the warring parties. Bush overthrows head of oil rich country. Attempts to impose his idea of democracy. Forces rivals to form coaltion govt. Earns the hate of all Muslims.

Clinton bombs Christian Serbs on behalf of Muslim Albanian terrorists - good... Bush liberates 25 million from a genocidal dictator - bad...
    Clinton bombs Serbs carrying out religious mass murder. Does it in a way that gets the US the worlds support. Bush liberates 25 million from a genocidal dictator and manages to get the hatred of the people he liberated.

Clinton bombs Chinese embassy - good... Bush bombs terrorist camps - bad...
    Americans bomb Chinese embassy by mistake,oops. Bush bombs terrorist camps -good

Clinton commits felonies while in office (not to mention Monica) - good... Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit - bad...
    Clinton commits felony lying about Monica-bad. Bush lies about WMD-bad. Bush attempts to take credit for the militaries heroism-very bad.

Clinton says mass graves in Serbia - good... Entire world says WMD in Iraq - bad...
    Clinton finds mass graves in Serbia- good. Most of world thinks there are no wmd in Iraq. Won't authorize war. There are no wmd's in Iraq. World right- Bush wrong-bad.

No mass graves found in Serbia - good... No WMD found Iraq - bad...
    Mass graves found in Serbia-good. No WMD found in Iraq-bad for Bush, bad for US, bad for US since other nations don't trust us.

Stock market crashes in 2000 under Clinton - good... Recession under Bush - bad...
    Stock market crashes under Bush in 2001- bad. Stock market skyrocket under Clinton-good. No crash under Clinton- good. Stock market lower after 3.5 years of Bush- bad.

Clinton refuses to take custody of Bin Laden - good... World Trade Centers fall under Bush - bad...
    Clinton didn't know the extent of Bin Laden activities-bad. World Trade Centers fall after Bush warned of attack- Worst catastrophe in US history due to Presidential stupidity.

Clinton says Saddam has nukes - good... Bush says Saddam has nukes - bad...
    Clinton says Saddam doesn't have nukes and is right-good. Bush says he has nukes, or will soon. Turns out he doesn't-Another lie by Bush-bad

Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - good... Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...
    Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - good... Bush imposes regime change incompetently in Iraq- bad...

Terrorist training in Afghanistan under Clinton - good... Bush destroys training camps in Afghanistan - bad...
    Terrorist training in Afghanista under Clinton- no problem since we keep an eye on them. Bush destroys training camps after they attack because he failed to keep an eye on them-bad

Milosevic not yet convicted - good... Saddam in custody - bad...
    Milosevic not yet convicted-soon Saddam to be tried by imposed government and not democratic Iraq government-Very Bad.

I hope this helps clear things up for you. Don't hesitate to ask for further help. It seems you have a ways to go.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

i wasn't confused. that was what the title of the forwarded email was. I posted it to see what responses i was going to get and got about what i excepted to.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    "I've always been crazy, it has keep me from going insane"

Quote Originally Posted by notorious_carl
    i wasn't confused. that was what the title of the forwarded email was. I posted it to see what responses i was going to get and got about what i excepted to.
    I didn't see the part about the forwarded email. Perhaps you can just cut an paste and send it back to the confused one?
    Glad to be of help. Welcome to Windrivers.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Tech's rebuttal was about as disingenuous as the first list.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Tech's rebuttal was about as disingenuous as the first list.
    Your turn.

I absolutely LOVE the "Stock market skyrockets under Clinton" one....

If a market is artificially inflated, then it has no choice as to when it crashes; it's just a matter of time. Perhaps Mr. Clinton's advisors should have monitored that?
    It is too late to fix America via the Republicans or Democrats, and too early to start shooting the bastards.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis

WOTPP Light Air Support Wing

Quote Originally Posted by paraflyer
    I absolutely LOVE the "Stock market skyrockets under Clinton" one....

If a market is artificially inflated, then it has no choice as to when it crashes; it's just a matter of time. Perhaps Mr. Clinton's advisors should have monitored that?
    Its still your turn. Care to take a crack at it?

Quote Originally Posted by techs
    Its still your turn. Care to take a crack at it?
    Here's my crack: :butt:

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Here's my crack: :butt:

Note. I said crack at it. Not crack addict.