Exchange 2k3

Thread: Exchange 2k3

Registered User Rifleman @ Layman's PC's Avatar

Exchange 2k3

I know it's probably a simple task, but I missed it, so I'm lost.

Here's the deal, I need to forward any emails that are sent to [email protected] to my regular email address on another server.
    Those who do not know, are lost...

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Create a contact with the email addy you want to forward to, then go to exchange general and forward to that contact
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Registered User Rifleman @ Layman's PC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    Create a contact with the email addy you want to forward to, then go to exchange general and forward to that contact

I created the contact with the offsite email address I need the emails forwarded to. Next, I went into the properties of the user I need to forward, exchange general tab, went to set forwarding under delivery options. When I attempt to select a recipient, the contact I created is not available, only users and distribution groups are available as options.

This is my whole issue, I can forward to others inside this exchange organization just fine, it's forwarding mail to another server on another domain I'm having issue with.
    Those who do not know, are lost...

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman @ Layman's PC
    I created the contact with the offsite email address I need the emails forwarded to. Next, I went into the properties of the user I need to forward, exchange general tab, went to set forwarding under delivery options. When I attempt to select a recipient, the contact I created is not available, only users and distribution groups are available as options.

This is my whole issue, I can forward to others inside this exchange organization just fine, it's forwarding mail to another server on another domain I'm having issue with.
    I just rechecked our exchange server and its working just like I said to do it, but then again we are on exchange 2000, wondering if there is a difference
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-