Lookin' for Dell Latitude c800 Master PW

Thread: Lookin' for Dell Latitude c800 Master PW

Lookin' for Dell Latitude c800 Master PW

Who can help me with a Master PW of the dell latitude c800?

I can work with my system but i can not alter anything in the bios (such as HDD) i want to replace my HDD with a bigger one and i need the master PW for it.. so i can alter the setup items..

I Can not even change the Date & Time in the bios!

Help me please..

Welcome to WD prodix.
    The master passwords are there to protect against possible theft. So, if this is your lappie which you purchased, did you ever set a password? Have you simply forgotten it? If you call Dell support with proof of ownership, then they will help you with the problem.
    Sorry if this doesn't help much, but this is potentially a large "grey" area for a tech forum.

I see that this question has been answered before here and by our mod, so, I just don't know what our policy is or should be with this type question, since, as -ed has said before, all you have to do is google to find answers.
    So, sorry prodix, but check here if you will:
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=58488

I've seen that.. and even tryed to work with latitude.exe.. nothing works sofar.

The latitude i bought on an 2nd hand market.. so i've got no original papers. so calling dell is useless.
    One thing what is succeeded is that the latitude is on my name now by dell.. so by dell i'm the legal owner, one problem here i've got no AC number or original bill.

Thats my problem.

You should be able to call dell and give them the service tag - they should be able to genereate the unlock password for you then.

Also download "ultimate boot cd" (google search - should be www.ultimatebootcd.com, but I am unsure) it has a rather good bios reset program that may solve your problem.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010