Job Opening in San Diego. - I am an employee not a recruiter. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Job Opening in San Diego. - I am an employee not a recruiter.

Quote Originally Posted by PuterGeekGirl
    Wow, that reaction is a real turn off for people to want to let others here know about job openings....

40k is better than unemployment to alot of folks!!!
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by webby
    This is kinda what I was talking about in that one thread where I mentioned being respectful to others, etc. This thread is a great example disrespect. I hope a lesson can be learned here.

As far as the job goes,.. it sounds like a great opportunity for a young person who is just starting in the field and is looking for some experience.

cyberhh, I hope you and others won't be discouraged from posting these just because of a few negative replies. It would be nice to see more topics like these started.
    What he said.

EDIT
    Indeed, a job openings forum wouldn't seem like a bad idea either. For how long was adept out of work? Geesh guys, have some compassion, and appreciate what this post could mean to a young out of work tech.
    Last edited by TripleRLtd; July 20th, 2004 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd

EDIT
    Indeed, a job openings forum wouldn't seem like a bad idea either. For how long was adept out of work? Geesh guys, have some compassion, and appreciate what this post could mean to a young out of work tech.
    What are you saying, that I don't apreciate this effort? I never said that, what I said was that this job wasn't for me.

EDIT
    BTDT - it didn't get used... so it got axed.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    What are you saying, that I don't apreciate this effort? I never said that, what I said was that this job wasn't for me.

that may be true but you could have been professional about it. If you weren't interested why even respond. This isn't the Lounge this is the tech-to-tech forum were (hopefully ) we can show our professionalism.
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by Shard92
    that may be true but you could have been professional about it. If you weren't interested why even respond. This isn't the Lounge this is the tech-to-tech forum were (hopefully ) we can show our professionalism.
    Now you're saying that wasn't my professional response, so what? You're right, it was my gut's honest response...and again, if you don't like it don't post in a free forum. I was in no way violating any rules of the forum, and was in the process providing my personal insight. If you’d like, why not just ignore me, there’s actually a feature on the board just for that, along with the manual efforts of your personal discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Now you're saying that wasn't my professional response, so what? You're right, it was my gut's honest response...and again, if you don't like it don't post in a free forum. I was in no way violating any rules of the forum, and was in the process providing my personal insight. If you’d like, why not just ignore me, there’s actually a feature on the board just for that, along with the manual efforts of your personal discretion.
    Your comments were rude and unprofessional. Plain and simple. Nothing personal,.. thats just the truth. And here's why: You made judgements and assumptions about cyberhh's original post without discussing it first. You posted only negative opinions about the job description. And now you are attempting to justify those actions without accepting that what you did was disrespectul towards cyberhh's topic contribution.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Your comments were rude and unprofessional. Plain and simple. Nothing personal,.. thats just the truth. And here's why: You made judgements and assumptions about cyberhh's original post without discussing it first. You posted only negative opinions about the job description. And now you are attempting to justify those actions without accepting that what you did was disrespectul towards cyberhh's topic contribution.
    Yeah? Well you're ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Now you're saying that my comments were disrespectful, and here we are back at the "professional" crap again...so again I say, so what!?! You all jumped on the bandwagon here, not me. All I ever said before this whole thing got out of hand was that the cost of living was too high, and reciprocated a puke smilie to the dude I quoted...I made no assumptions about cyberhh until he came back with the insults, that was when I inferred that he was self-righteous coming here to “help others”, assuming that he probably has a finders fee available to him that he failed to disclose. That was the only assumption I ever made, other then that contract work is never guaranteed, but from personal experience I know that is a fact. Have you ever done contract work??? The money's great when it's coming in, but then when you hit a dry spell for a week or two, you start to realize that it isn't as good a paycheck as you thought it was. Again, my honest opinion. Can't take it, ignore it.

...For how long was adept out of work? ...
    That would be almost an entire year.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    That would be almost an entire year.
    Would you have moved to San Deigo for a contract position paying $18 an hour?

The fact is that this ad is the kind that should to be published in a local newspaper... and the job is not only underpaid, but also temporary and with no benefits. Talk about permanent 50k/year+benefits and you might get some attention...
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

FYI - I AM EARNING NOTHING FROM THIS EXCEPT HAVING SOME INPUT AS TO WHO I GET STUCK WORKING WITH.

I am sorry that some of you cannot fathom that someone would want to actually try to help. I have no plans to post any more of these and if it dies, it dies. Sorry to anyone actually unemployed.

Personally I would not move anywhere for 18-20$ an hour, however if I was unemployed or currently making less than that in the area I would love to make more money. If I am currently unemployed I would happily work for 2 - 3 weeks and have some money rather than none.

Again - I am not a recruiter and WILL NEVER SEE A RED CENT for this. I do nto work for the contract company, I am a full-time permanent employee of the company looking for the contractor.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    The only problem I have with the ignore feature is that when someone quotes a person on your ignore list it doesn't block that stuff out too. Other than that it's pretty slick.
    WWBRD?

Why, in fact, would you want to put anyone on an ignore list? Are you that insecure in your beliefs and ways that you can not handle a dissenting opinion? What are you afraid of ima?

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    Why, in fact, would you want to put anyone on an ignore list? Are you that insecure in your beliefs and ways that you can not handle a dissenting opinion? What are you afraid of ima?
    Yea that's it. Good one sherlock.

Seriously tho, some people's posts just aren't worth reading. That's why the ignore feature is there, to keep people like you from constantly getting their panties in a bunch. Shame you don't use the button.
    WWBRD?