Job Opening in San Diego. - I am an employee not a recruiter.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Job Opening in San Diego. - I am an employee not a recruiter.

Job Opening in San Diego. - I am an employee not a recruiter.

I hope that I am not violating the rules with this post, but here it goes.

I am not posting specific information as this is an open forum.

I have been asked to prescreen contractors for an opening that my company has in San Diego for a Desktop Technician. You will work for a contracting company, but I do not work with them. I am the Tech Lead for the region, which is why I am involved. As a long time member of this group I would like to see someone here who is looking for a job have the chance to get one, as opposed to someone random (also the group here is really tech savvy and that always helps.)

I am looking for people with excellent communication skills, amazing organizational skills, a keen work ethic, the willingness and ability to learn - a lust for knowledge as it were - and sharp LAN and Desktop skills. You need to know Windows 2000 Pro like the back of your hand and be able to recognise and troubleshoot hardware (Dell Desktops and Laptops), Printers (HP and Xerox), LAN connectivity issues (understand how the LAN works, no cisco required.)

Please email me with your information. If you are sending a Resume, please make it a Word doc. I will not be checking this topic any longer, please see my comments later in the thread is you are curious as to why.

Initial contact will be early this week (Mon, Tues) via phone interview. Position begins as early as Tuesday.

Pay is 18 - 20$ / Hr.

We are looking for 2 contractors. It is a 2 - 6 week contract with one becoming a permanent contract. The company is slow to hire as an employee, but the benefits are worth it.

The contract will be through a specific contract company (I do NOT work for them) and the company does not offer benefits.
    Last edited by cyberhh; July 20th, 2004 at 10:25 AM.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

40k/year and lot of work...
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee
    And in a state/city with an extreemly high cost of living...

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    And I ate so much at lunch I think I'm going to...

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya_Know
    Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    And I ate so much at lunch I think I'm going to...
    Man, for some reason I feel like I'm gonna ...

My bad .

Sorry
    Last edited by GrandDad; July 20th, 2004 at 03:58 PM.
    "you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

Despite your jibes, I hope that this helps someone get a job... 40k a year is better than the dole queue.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Despite your jibes, I hope that this helps someone get a job... 40k a year is better than the dole queue.
    Dole? I hate canned peaches they...oh God...

Wow, that reaction is a real turn off for people to want to let others here know about job openings....

40k is better than unemployment to alot of folks!!!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

I have to say that I am very disappointed in the Windrivers crew. I have watched and listened over the last 24-36 months as people have lost jobs and posted to many a forum looking for a job, taking low paying jobs in a seperate field just to get by, and here I try to help by posting a paying job and all I get from the crowd is reasons NOT to try for the job.

In this market the position WILL be filled, I have no doubt, I was hoping to expose a group that I have some vested interest in (bieng a long time Windrivers user) and giving them a shot at a position that they probably would not have heard about otherwise, and this is what I get. Well, in the future I will not waste my time. I am sorry to anyone who would like a job and who might appreciate what I am trying to do, but if you look at the responses to my thread you will know who to send your personal *thanks* to.

Just for the record, in case I did not make it clear - I am trying to help fill a position with a qualified candidate so I do not have to support another damn tool - some clown who should be working in ANY OTHER FIELD and does not really care about tech, just wants a paycheck, and give the job to someone who wants to work in the field and be good at it.

If anyone sees this job posting and wants it, please email me. I will not be checking the forum any more, as everything has been (with two exception) useless or snide comments and I do not have time to check a topic that is bieng filled with useless comments.
    Last edited by cyberhh; July 20th, 2004 at 04:01 PM.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhh
    I have to say that I am very disappointed in the Windrivers crew. I have watched and listened over the last 24-36 months as people have lost jobs and posted to many a forum looking for a job, taking low paying jobs in a seperate field just to get by, and here I try to help by posting a paying job and all I get from the crowd is reasons NOT to try for the job.
    If you've been watching for 24-36 months then you know what kind of people post here. MOST of the comments (if not all) were made jokingly by people who don't live in the area.

This is kinda what I was talking about in that one thread where I mentioned being respectful to others, etc. This thread is a great example disrespect. I hope a lesson can be learned here.

As far as the job goes,.. it sounds like a great opportunity for a young person who is just starting in the field and is looking for some experience.

cyberhh, I hope you and others won't be discouraged from posting these just because of a few negative replies. It would be nice to see more topics like these started.

Anyway,.. thats my 2 cents. Puke on it if you like, but thats the way I feel about it.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    If you've been watching for 24-36 months then you know what kind of people post here. MOST of the comments (if not all) were made jokingly by people who don't live in the area.
    Yeah,... I was gonna say something about that in my last post, but I didn't want to assume I knew if those were jokes or not.

The thing is,... this goes back to what I was saying about respect and professionalism. There's a time and place for jokes. This topic probably was neither the time nor the place.
    Hello World

Who was joking... I wasn't. A job in San Diego making that kind of money isn't that great. Not to mention, contract work always sucks, because it isn't guaranteed work. When you tell me a contract is going to last 2-6 weeks I assume that you mean 3, and factor in a whole week that month that I won't be working. Hopefully I will line up something there after, but if I don’t I don’t. That takes the $18 an hour, to 30 hours a week for that month, which is really only 13.50 an hour in a 40 hour week. But it’s even worse, because you end up paying into a higher tax bracket, so your take home is even less. And no benefits...for that money the contract should be offering some basics like accrued time off, or at least pay more so one can afford medical insurance on their own.

And come down off of your high horse, chances are that you stood to gain a recruitment benefit, a cash payout of sorts, if you yourself found this individual, so don't have me presume that you weren't in this for yourself...because chances are that you were...

The point of all of this being…I won’t be leaving my current location to do your contract. If you don’t like my response, don’t post on a free forum and expect peaches and cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Who was joking... I wasn't. A job in San Diego making that kind of money isn't that great. Not to mention, contract work always sucks, because it isn't guaranteed work. When you tell me a contract is going to last 2-6 weeks I assume that you mean 3, and factor in a whole week that month that I won't be working. Hopefully I will line up something there after, but if I don’t I don’t. That takes the $18 an hour, to 30 hours a week for that month, which is really only 13.50 an hour in a 40 hour week. But it’s even worse, because you end up paying into a higher tax bracket, so your take home is even less. And no benefits...for that money the contract should be offering some basics like accrued time off, or at least pay more so one can afford medical insurance on their own.

And come down off of your high horse, chances are that you stood to gain a recruitment benefit, a cash payout of sorts, if you yourself found this individual, so don't have me presume that you weren't in this for yourself...because chances are that you were...

The point of all of this being…I won’t be leaving my current location to do your contract. If you don’t like my response, don’t post on a free forum and expect peaches and cream.
    There you go with the peaches again...