Catylist drivers for Radeon 9200
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Catylist drivers for Radeon 9200

Catylist drivers for Radeon 9200

I just installed the catylist drivers for the Radeon 9200 (128MB)and now none of my videos play in any of the players.wmp, quicktime, winamp etc No dvd playback either. .However my live video does play.
    ( video capture and webcam)
    I know its the catylist drivers because I rolled back the driver to the old version and all was fine.I hope someone has a fix for this .I really like the features of the control panel on the new one.....Thanks

Welcome to WD ike48
    which brand radeon 9200, better yet pc specs

what version catalysts did you download and what version is the one that works for you?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Same boat!

I'm in the same boat. ATI GeCube RADEON 9200 SE Game Buster came with my EBay-bought computer (900 MHz AMD T-Bird, 60G, 256MB RAM, SB Live! 5.1 (Should have gotten Audigy 2), and yadda yadda yadda) NO software disks came with the compy (HP case, I've made numerous upgrades already, btw.) so I have no backup, no system restore, no WIN XP Pro bootable disks, took about 12 hours total for all the windows upgrades (over high-speed cable), and I'm STILL having driver problems. I just installed Catalyst less than 20 minutes ago and it's working great, but I'll keep you up to speed on what problems I encounter through really harsh PC use. I just started with this thread and have already found LOTS of information that I really needed...Thanks so much to everyone for the info.

As for the Radeon 9200, I really have to say that it's LOADS better than my previous GeForce 4 MX 440 I had in my last compy. I'll try to stay up to date.

thanks guys (and gals)

Quote Originally Posted by Sockhatguy
    ..NO software disks came with the compy (HP case, I've made numerous upgrades already, btw.) so I have no backup, no system restore, no WIN XP Pro bootable disks, took about 12 hours total for all the windows upgrades (over high-speed cable), and I'm STILL having driver problems. I just installed Catalyst less than 20 minutes ago and it's working great, but I'll keep you up to speed on what problems I encounter through really harsh PC use. I just started with this thread and have already found LOTS of information that I really needed...Thanks so much to everyone for the info...
    Welcome to windrivers forums SockHatGuy , if you ask, we answer & apparrently we can answer too without being asked !

Be aware that in this situation IMHO you most likely have illegal s/w (no disks at all with a pc almost always means this), if you can prove 'title' somehow you'd be able to get replacement disks for a 'small fee' (I think its £4.99 in the uk from m$ for a replacement retail cd) but if its hp, its most likely oem & they quite often just put the cabs in a directory or produce a 'recovery cd' (which given our h/w changes might not be so helpful) again they can be replaced for a fee if you quote the model.

If you've been changing hardware & patching you might find yourself better with a clean shiney install, which of course you can't do unless you at least have the cabs (you can then make yourself a bootable cd from that, 'slipstreaming' can add the service packs, avoiding repeated downloads ) - any changes past updating drivers often need a bootable source cd ..

good info to know...

The compy is registered, just the disks are gone...not like I need them with the amount of pirated disks I received from hacker friends but those I have yet to use...only in case of emergency. Presently I'm having driver problems which windows does not regocnize in the error reporting. drivers.com quotes that my "Soft V90 Voice Speakerphone Modem" (which is not there anymore, replaced by SB Live! 5.1, which is fully installed and operational) has bad drivers, my "Universal Serial Bus Controllers 'VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller'" (which is a direct motherboard connection) has bad drivers, and my "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers 'VIA Bus Master IDE Controller'" has bad drivers...and by bad, I mean out-of-date/obsolete/bad/abocalypticly-stupid-programming-error-bad/not the right ones.

all windows error reporting states is that my compy encounters a critical error, reboots, and the windows error reporting reports that the crash was from a device driver, but the source is unknown.

BLAH!

methinks my RAM might be a part of the problem, but it is compatable because it came out of another HP of the same model number, and has the same ram tags. ram-it.

grrr... Compy>>><<<Me

but then I'd be out $265.00

So first thing to try is the latest Hyperion Chipset patch from Viatech - that hopefully will sort out some of them yellow '!' (though I'm not sure you have any ! - but you want this to straighten out the chipset info for your board to windoze - oh there's a usb patch applicable there for some boards{dunno what yours is!}, just apply it - if it isn't appropriate it'll just say so or do nothing).

Memory test, I guess is a good idea too now while we are about it, try this
    Memtest86

Boot to safe mode (press f8 'like a maniac' when it starts) & remove what you know are duplicate/removed items, re-tard, hit del/f1/'whatever the hell gets you in' & enter bios & reset that or at least find the entry which says 'clear NVram/ESC Data {this is a little table that holds info about h/w & gets messed up very often} & try a visit to windoze update (note if you are in 'emergency situation' you'll discover your pirate mateys stuff might need a valid serial number & it might kick errors or refuse to update ).

Also check you don't have multiple s/w loaded for either your sound card (sb) or video - both driver routines are piss poor with this & 'forget' often to remove previous stuff (look in add remove programs for this).

Then maybe you'll be good to go ? - here's hoping ..

Boot to safe mode (press f8 'like a maniac' when it starts) & remove what you know are duplicate/removed items, re-tard
    I hope u didnt mean to call him a retard?
    Last edited by TechZ; September 1st, 2004 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    I hope i didnt mean to call him a retard?
    Nope, I guess if I was calling anyone a retard its Billy Boy Gates, you have to restart windows so often for such stupid reasons which no other o/s has to do, that it seems more appropriate to call it a 're-tard' than a restart/reboot - fooled by my 'very english' habit of doing 'plays on words' once again

Why is that, wouldnt they want to make it so u dont have to restart, in fact over the years, it seems less restarts are needed.

back to work on the compy...Quick Q...anyone try out Drivers.com? anyone know if its worth the download? I have local friends at work and from other places that say that it's worth the price and download, but I'm wanting to be a smart buyer (free trials that fix my problem and keep it gone for 30 days, and have multiple versions...for multiple downloads...been living off McAffee and Norton freeware trials for over a year now.) is the "free scan" telling you legit info? is there another better (hopefully cheaper!) driver-find-fix software system?

and btw - as a reply to the less restarts as a compy ages... It requires less restarts because the restart time is so long. you're booting for a half hour, runs great for an hour, then you're rebooting again! bah!

I work way too much to work on this thing every day, I just want it to run stable so my family can have something to work with/on (and for my mum to play on when she's over at my house).

Thanks for all the help! the info has been great so far!

I believe this is the site that scans your computer, tells you your drivers are out of date and then charges you for updates you can get free from the manufacturers website!

http://www.drivers.com/cgi-sys/cgiwr....cgi?drivershq their drivers link is not working at the mo but it seems to be pointing to a subset of drivershq with a whole bunch of ads bundled on the way.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Talking Eeeeek - pot & kettle ?

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    I believe this is the site that scans your computer, tells you your drivers are out of date and then charges you for updates you can get free from the manufacturers website!...
    Mmmm doesn't somewhere very familiar do almost the same ?

nope, it just has all the links in a coherent searchable database. Some drivers are on the server, most refer to the manufacturer site. It also provides tutorials, articles and links to tools much like a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    nope, it just has all the links in a coherent searchable database. Some drivers are on the server, most refer to the manufacturer site. It also provides tutorials, articles and links to tools much like a magazine.
    I know what it does .. how long have I been here ? - but my point was that it still charges you for stuff that is 90% of the time available publicly if you have time, patience & expertise sufficient to track them down ..

Anyway the whole idea of paying for drivers as an individual is just pants, even Billy Boy accepts this & has windows update (partially anyway) for just this ..

But turning back to the original question (rather than my historical hatred of the pay for drivers saga ) - NONE of these Driver tune up thingees are any damn good at all - definately more hinderance than help - they give me lots of work though when folks believe otherwise !!