MCSE 70-290 # of Questions ?

Thread: MCSE 70-290 # of Questions ?

Question MCSE 70-290 # of Questions ?

Hey MCSEs...I was planning on takin the 290 in a day or two. When I called the testing center...they said the alloted time for the test was almost 3 hrs. Is this true ? How many questions are really there in the exam ? Anyone any clue ? How was the exam ? I have gone thru the Testking test a lotta times and also have a test pract domain at home...so pretty confident. Just rusty on the licensing and disks part. Would that b a problem or will I still b able to pass it ? I have also taken the bonus practise exams from Sybex quite a few times and I did well. Please lemme knw...thanks

BigB

Quote Originally Posted by BigB
    Hey MCSEs...I was planning on takin the 290 in a day or two. When I called the testing center...they said the alloted time for the test was almost 3 hrs. Is this true ? How many questions are really there in the exam ? Anyone any clue ? How was the exam ? I have gone thru the Testking test a lotta times and also have a test pract domain at home...so pretty confident. Just rusty on the licensing and disks part. Would that b a problem or will I still b able to pass it ? I have also taken the bonus practise exams from Sybex quite a few times and I did well. Please lemme knw...thanks

BigB

Just out of curiosity, is your background purely academic, or are you working in the field?

Have you taken any of the core courses, gotten any other certs?
    jerryg
    jeradsyn
    A+/MCPx2

Jeradsyn,
    I have taken A+, Network+, MCP in XP. I also work as a Jr. Netw Admin and trying to get my MCSE so I can work as a real Syst Admin. I do have hands on exp for last 4-5 yrs...but 2003 is kinda new for me...and we dont have that many 2003 servers (still NT platform) for me to get my feet wet. So was kinda hesistant to take the test after learning that it was a 3 hrs test.

have u taken the test and happen to know how long it is ? What would be ur advise to go about taking these tests.

BigB

Quote Originally Posted by BigB
    Jeradsyn,
    I have taken A+, Network+, MCP in XP. I also work as a Jr. Netw Admin and trying to get my MCSE so I can work as a real Syst Admin. I do have hands on exp for last 4-5 yrs...but 2003 is kinda new for me...and we dont have that many 2003 servers (still NT platform) for me to get my feet wet. So was kinda hesistant to take the test after learning that it was a 3 hrs test.

have u taken the test and happen to know how long it is ? What would be ur advise to go about taking these tests.

BigB
    Not as yet, although I plan on taking it after Dec 1.

Our company is in the middle of AD migration to Server/Exchange/Sql 2003.

I would consider this adequate prep for the exams! From what I hear, the time estimate is about right. I know of 2 techs that have taken it, they were sweating also!
    jerryg
    jeradsyn
    A+/MCPx2