Multimedia Audio Controller(!)

Thread: Multimedia Audio Controller(!)

Hybrid View

Question Multimedia Audio Controller(!)

Hi!

Looks like I'm having a serious problem with Multimedia Audio Controller. It was marked with yellow(!) in Device manager. What I did was new clean install for Windows XP Pro with NTFS format.

After installation of new XP Pro there is now two of those Multimedia Audio Controller nodes marked with (!). Other says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" and the other "This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)" Re-installing these does not help since they are not found anywhere.

Besides this there was SM Bus Controller that had the same yellow error sign. I ran this INF Update utility infinst_enu.exe from Intel website and SM Bus Controller does not appear in error list anymore. So I guess it is okay now. But the Intel utility did not help to Multimedia Audio Controller conflict.

Aida32 Information as follows:
    Intel Pentium 4A @ 2,66Mhz (Intel Sprindale Chipset i865PE)
    Motherboard - not known - but it is Octek Rhino
    Matrox Millenium G550
    (VIA) Hoontech STAudio DSP24 Value Soundcard
    512Mb of memory

Installing latest drivers from soundcard manufacturer causes XP to crash immediately after login.. So apparently there is something really wrong with the system.. Any help for this?

Thanks!

heimuusi
    Last edited by heimuusi; July 28th, 2004 at 04:42 AM.

Welcome to Windrivers heimuusi

did you get the drivers from here?

Most times it is the driver and not windows that is the problem. Could you explain what happens when it crashes and what error messages you get? The messages are the key to working out what is going wrong.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers heimuusi

did you get the drivers from here?

Most times it is the driver and not windows that is the problem. Could you explain what happens when it crashes and what error messages you get? The messages are the key to working out what is going wrong.
    Thanks!
    Yes, These drivers used to work before. The problem is plug&play used to recognize the soundcard automatically but not anymore. Don't know if this is related to the multimedia controller conflict.

Anyway when I manually add new hardware - the installation goes ok and asks for restart. Xp loads itself normally to the login point, but when I click my username in login screen - the whole screen goes black - the system restarts. So I uninstalled the audio drivers from device manager in safe mode and the windows is working.

.heimuusi

What slot did you put this card in? Did you run the setup in the driver download or did you use the update driver method from device manager?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    What slot did you put this card in? Did you run the setup in the driver download or did you use the update driver method from device manager?
    To be exact -neither. I clicked the control panel -> add hardware wizard but I guess it is the same as update driver method in device manager?

Installation readme.txt says:
    You cannot use the Update Driver function in the Windows Device Manager to update the drivers for your DSP24 card. If you do that, you will run into problems and the drivers might have to be removed manually after that. Please read the supplier PDF-file carefully to learn how to install / update the drivers.

And I did read it. But it says that windows will automatically detect the card. But it does not. So real problem is elsewhere then...

I'm not sure which slot card is in, i'll have to check it but it has been working ok before.

.heimuusi

No, the add hardware wizard is yet another method.

I think you are getting confused between "windows detection" and driver installation. Detecting the card is one thing, installing the drivers is quite another.

Did you use the infclear.exe to remove the old drivers? Did you unzip the new drivers and point the new hardware wizard to the unzipped files?

Have you uninstalled the audio drivers (from Add/Remove)?