LIVE 5.1 & Audigy->Windows cannot initialize the device driver (Code 37)

Thread: LIVE 5.1 & Audigy->Windows cannot initialize the device driver (Code 37)

Angry LIVE 5.1 & Audigy->Windows cannot initialize the device driver (Code 37)

OMG!! I have a SB Live 5.1 and Audigy card installed. They both work fine with the KX Drivers, But I need them to work with the Original drivers. I have un-installed the KX Drivers before and this was not a problem Argghh!!!

3 weeks now I've been trying to re-install these cards, so far i have:

1. Tried one card at a time.
    2. Totally removed any registry or instance of creative anything from the computer.
    3. Changed PCI slots

The original drivers seem to install fine, they find my card and all, but in the Windows Device Manager all i get is yellow exclamations and this error:

""Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)""

It tells you to uninstal and reinstall drivers(code 37), but that doesn't help.

What are my options besides a full XP reinstall. Im not afraid of the registry or any deep repairing.

Machine Specs:

Pentium Core2 duo 1.6ghz x2
    1 gig ram
    XP Pro SP3
    Custom Built
    Soundblaster Live 5.1
    Soundblaster Audigy
    Last edited by YISH30067; May 2nd, 2009 at 01:13 PM.

Welcome to Windrivers, yish! Have you tried running System File Checker? It can fix many strange Windows problems including problems with audio hardware.

Off topic perhaps, but just why do you need the original drivers running instead of the kX software? Have you installed any software that doesn't work with the kX drivers?

Hey, thanks. Yeah I tried the SFC/SCANNOW function, it went through OK, found nothing altered. As I've said, the drivers seem to be installing, but XP cannot initialize them.

As far as the KX issue, I love the Kx Drivers as I am a musician, however the full support for the hardware Soundfont function is no good, Some issues with using 2.1 Soundfonts as well as not being able to use it in cubase like I need it.

Finally got it going, i had to run some driver cleaners to completely rmove the creative traces and then it allowed me to install properly

thanks

Thanks for updating us on the fix, and I'm glad you're up and running.