Hi,

my friend bought a new HD 160 GB, and his computer doesn't recognize it. so i thought i should update the BIOS. His motherboard is an ASUS P4B266. I searched in google about BIOS update for this motherboard and landed on a site where there are a lot of BIOS updates, drivers and so on.

But then i mistook the BIOS update for Asus P2B and installed it on his comp. now his comp won't start at all. If i turn the comp on the screen stay blank without any letters or cursors and the motherboard doesn't beep at all.

What can i do so i can install the right BIOS on his computer or to install the previous version? (i made a backup before, but i can't flash this backup unless i can get the to the DOS prompt)

I tried to remove the bios battery for an hour, but it's still the same. I tried to look in the manual for the jumper to clear RTC RAM, but the jumper doesn't exist on his motherboard although the manual says that it should be there... (but i guess it's only for reseting the time and configuration, not the BIOS. right?)

I really appreciate any help

thx