Bios Update Help Please

Thread: Bios Update Help Please

Exclamation Bios Update Help Please

ok, here's my problem. I upgraded to windows 2000 from 98 SE. When my OS was running, it detected the following:

Windows Version: 4.10.2222
    Computer Name: Unknown
    System Bus Type: ISA
    Bios Name: IBM
    Bios Date: 10/01/97
    Bios Version: ACR67P6C 300V3.1
    Machine Type: IBM PC/AT
    Processor Vendor/type: GenuineIntel Pentium (r) II Processor

When I upgrades to 2000 Pro the other day, these are the current settings:

Windows Version: 5.0 (Build 2195)
    Computer Name: Home
    Machine Type: AT/AT COMPATIBLE
    System Bios: Unknown
    System Bios Date: 12/22/97
    System Bios Version: Unknown
    Processor Type: X86 Family 6 Model 3 Stepping 4

Can anyone help me to get 2000 to recognize a bios for my system. it doesn't support Flash Bios, and it's an INTEL 440LX family chipset...

Greatly Appreciated

Welcome to windrivers jvc_01. Other than Windows 2000 telling you that your bios version is unknown, are you experiencing any kind of problem? As long as windows is running properly, there is no particular reason it needs to know your bios type or version. The key is that it correctly recognizes whether you have an acpi or non-acpi computer (you appear to have the latter).

If you do have a problem, we need more information on your computer, either a make and model (complete information from the little sticker on the back/bottom/side) or make/model for your motherboard.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Thank you for the welcome. it was a quick reply. in answer to your question. I am not entirely sure of the make/model of the board itself. it's an older one. PII 233 MMX. Windows is hanging itself, and it doesn't run nearly as well as I would have expected (XP PRO runs better) I have 512 MB ram in there as well, but I am looking to update my bios, as I have minimal settings I can configure in my CMOS. I am looking at a "System Summary" here, and if you have any further info to help me out with, please don't hesitate to reply on here, or if you have msn, please add me there. [email protected]

Regards,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Welcome to windrivers jvc_01. Other than Windows 2000 telling you that your bios version is unknown, are you experiencing any kind of problem? As long as windows is running properly, there is no particular reason it needs to know your bios type or version. The key is that it correctly recognizes whether you have an acpi or non-acpi computer (you appear to have the latter).

If you do have a problem, we need more information on your computer, either a make and model (complete information from the little sticker on the back/bottom/side) or make/model for your motherboard.

Need more than that. The info in your first post suggests an ibm brand pc. If so, there should be a 7-digit code on the case like this: M/T ####-###. Otherwise, download Everest http://www.lavalys.com/products/down...ng=en&pageid=3 and post the info under Motherboard/Bios
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

From whats been said it sounds like some kind of IBM base unit / machine. If so, are there any model numbers on the casing? Or even if you can confirm its an IBM PC?

Thanks.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.