Fn Key in Toshiba 5005-S504 works funny

Thread: Fn Key in Toshiba 5005-S504 works funny

Fn Key in Toshiba 5005-S504 works funny

Dear Sirs,

I own a Toshiba Satellite 5005-S504 and yesterday I was removing some spyware from my machine. Accidentally I removed a file (which name I can not remember) and since then I can not use the Fn key (I can not go to hibernation and other stuff).

I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.

The element I modified was in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Microsoft-Windows-Run.

I deleted one file from it. I can't remmeber its name. I am sorry.

Funnily enough, Fn key still works with they keys F10, F11 and F12, but I can not do anything else like change screen brightness (F6-F7), go to Hibernation (F4) or anything else (From Esc to F8).

I will very much appreciate if someone could provide me a list of the elements related to Fn key, so I can check which one is missing and fix the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

marco.

Welcome to Windrivers mlara

Did you not back up the registry before editing - or did you edit using a utility? If you used a utility, often they create a backup.

There is also the option of system restore if it was turned on.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Still having problems

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help. You were right, trying to do things fast I did not keep any backup.

Right now I still have the same problem and I wonder if anyone has a similar toshiba and can tell me the elements in the "run" folder so I can see which one is missing.

Neverthless, thanks a lot for your advice

m.

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."