Sony Vaio PCG-TR1 Recovery

Thread: Sony Vaio PCG-TR1 Recovery

Unhappy Sony Vaio PCG-TR1 Recovery

Hi,

I have Sony Vaio PCG-TR1. It came with Windows XP Home Edition but 2 days ago I needed to install XP Professional.
    What I did, I just formatted the C drive and installed the Professional Edition without thinking about Recovery stuff.
    After installing Professional Edition I downloaded some basic drivers from Sony website but there are many functionalities no working. Volume, Capture, Zoom buttons on LCD are not working any more. I dont have any Sony software/wizards installed now.
    In a nutshell i am feeling really stuck.
    Please suggest me how can i Recover my system to full functionalities as it was before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Saif.

Welcome to windrivers saif. Usually, Sony gives you a restore cd and a driver/program cd. (Or two of each? I forget.) You should be able to install your missing applications from the driver/program cd(s). Keep in mind, a lot of the bundled Sony software is bloatware which hogs system resources, so you might want to limit it to just what you need.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Thanks hudsonsmith.

Unfortunatily i've got no CD with me. Some one told me that my computer comes with "Recovery Partition" but I am unable to locate this partition either. Although few GBs are unaccountable from my 30 GB HDD but no partition is visible other than C and D.

I'm not aware of Sony's coming w/ a recovery partition, they usually come with CD's. Run diskmgmt.msc and see if another partition shows up there. Here are Sony's instructions for performing a clean install and restoring applications: http://ciscdb.sel.sony.com/support/p...g/xpclean.html As you can see, it assumes you have the CD's.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

I've gone through that Sony Support link.

In fact I did a basic mistake at first by not taking pre-upgradation issues. I just formatted the C drive without running any wizard.

So current scene is that I dont have any Recovery CD or Partition available to me. Should i purchase those CDs from somewhere or there is some source I can download these CDs from? Otherwise where can i purchase these CDs from?

"you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

I found the solutions to my TR driver problems here http://www.siliconpopculture.com/sonytr/