Hi
I am a newbie here.
My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2, I use SATA hardrive 100Gb and I bought the IDE hardrive (200Gb) for extra storage (cheper than SaTA). I want to reformat the drive C of the SATA but i couldnt do it.
I have tried to install WindowsXP again with adding the SATA diver by F6. then the install was fine( even went over inserting the product key). But the previous things (every files is still there). The reason of formatting the C drive is to get rid off all those things but yet reinstallation doesnt help.

Then i formatted the new IDE hard drive and install Windows XP, this was done when both HDD (SATA and IDE) are connected to motherboard with Windows XP CD in dvd rom drive. The installation successed but when I removed the installation CD and reboot the PC, it went to the SATA hard drive. Even i changed the boot sequenc SCSI/RAID/SATA in Bios to SCSI it still go to the SATA. But if the Windows XP installation disk in the drive, it will boot to the new XP in new harddrive. The new Windows doenst detect the SATA hard drive.

So I dont want to loose the SATA hard drive just by putting IDE hd and i wwant to reformat the SATA hd and make it works with IDE hd. Please help