Next cert?

Thread: Next cert?

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Next cert?

I have a degree in Computer Information Managment and A+ as well as Network+ and my employer is willing to pay for me to get some more certs. Which should I take? I'm headed towards Inet+ but not entirely sure if thats what I want.

I work as a network admin in a Windows 2000, XP, server 2003, server 2000, Fedora, and Mac OS X environment. I know its a lot of OS's, but its because we are a school.

What do you guys recommend?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Given what you've got already, maybe mcse/mcsa (especially as you are a network admin you should 'breeze' mcsa ) or at least start taking mcp's to build up to one ? ( if you want net skills there must be a module that'll fit in with that plan ?)

Crickey I don't believe I just told someone to take Billy's 'fake tech exams' - but its what can get you that next job ..

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Given what you've got already, maybe mcse/mcsa (especially as you are a network admin you should 'breeze' mcsa ) or at least start taking mcp's to build up to one ? ( if you want net skills there must be a module that'll fit in with that plan ?)

Crickey I don't believe I just told someone to take Billy's 'fake tech exams' - but its what can get you that next job ..
    I agree with Confus-ed. Once you get your MCSE or MCSA, maybe a Cisco cert.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones