Minor Problem

Thread: Minor Problem

Post Minor Problem

Elite mobo P6s5at(203)
    512 ddram 1.1 celeron . Cards and hd don't manner cause I've swap out different cards same results .So it must be a setup on mobe that has me bent.
    Have this after a diagnios:

ACPI IRQ HOLDER FOR PCI STEERING has a problem.

this shows up 4 times. It seams it is on IRQ 5& 10
    There is no "yellow!" and the system seams to run OK except for a few blue screens. WIN ME is OS.

How do I go about remeding the sitution?

Thanks Glen
    YOU can't HANDLE the TRUTH!!!

Far not all motherboards are working well with ACPI - try to play with ACPI options in BIOS settings.
    Beside that, WinME definately isn't the best OS - try to install another OS (Win98SE, for example).

And, by the way, did You clean install of WinME or upgrade?

It was a clean install. Ruslan can you find a bios upgrade for this mobo I know you are the Bios King . I look on there site but they are not very heplful unless I was looking on wroung site.

The only Bios play thing is The : O\s thing about setting YEs or no. And Then there is IRQ to VIDEO that is off. above seting is no . I try a few more things and get back to ya.
    YOU can't HANDLE the TRUTH!!!

I guess You mean Elitegroup Elite P6S5AT motherboard? Search engine returned too many links regarding that motherboard: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Elite+P6S5AT

So, I'm not the king

Banned

although i dont think its your bios (more likely to be settings) there is a bios update @ http://www.ecs.com.tw/download/download.htm ,,,,select m/boards at top of page and its about 3/4 way down next page ,,,,it adds new intel tut cpu and removes trend a/virus PLEASE double check the number and use the AWD flash from ECS

the bios is dated 2001 ,,,

good luck