GHOST 2003 LAN CARD on System board
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GHOST 2003 LAN CARD on System board

GHOST 2003 LAN CARD on System board

Hi All,
    I'm not so friendly using this application, but...Is it possible that this version doesn't support LAN driver on system board but only PCI???
    I have IBM Think Centre Pc using INTEL PRO100/VE lan adapter on system board,and on the Ghost advanced setting-network table, only NDIS drivers are present.If I select INTEL pro 100, when PC will reboot,it doesn't upload the driver.
    WHO CAN HELP ME ON THIS????

Bluecafe welcome to windrivers.

Are you trying to image a machine and save the image to a mapped network drive?

the Intel pro100/ve is a family of network adapters... if it's the nic that came with your ibm, then you will have to get the dos drivers from ibm. What is the exact model of you ibm?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hi NooNoo,
    yes I'm doing it with a mapped network drive.
    IBM Thinkcentre S50.I tried also using another PC with a PCI card and it works good.

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Bluecafe welcome to windrivers.

Are you trying to image a machine and save the image to a mapped network drive?

the Intel pro100/ve is a family of network adapters... if it's the nic that came with your ibm, then you will have to get the dos drivers from ibm. What is the exact model of you ibm?

here are the drivers the dos drivers should extract to their own folder along with the other os's. I did a similar exercise last year with this same family of cards... took a bit of mixing and matching I seem to remember.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Angry

Damn, it still doesn't work...

here are the drivers the dos drivers should extract to their own folder along with the other os's. I did a similar exercise last year with this same family of cards... took a bit of mixing and matching I seem to remember.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    we have had similar issues with the Intel drivers on the Dells we get here, and resolved it by using the Intel Pro 1000 and putting a -fni in the special paramaters section. (Also, if that doesn't work, let me know, I think we made a slight mod to the Intel Pro 1000 packet driver and I can email that one to you.)

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by 3fingersalute; August 5th, 2004 at 11:30 AM.

No 3,
    it doesn't work.Please help or I will be crazy and surely will broke that PC on the head....

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    we have had similar issues with the Intel drivers on the Dells we get here, and resolved it by using the Intel Pro 1000 and putting a -fni in the special paramaters section. (Also, if that doesn't work, let me know, I think we made a slight mod to the Intel Pro 1000 packet driver and I can email that one to you.)

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by blucafe63
    No 3,
    it doesn't work.Please help or I will be crazy and surely will broke that PC on the head....
    Sorry mate, your email is blocked. PM it to me and I will shoot you over the one I have.

You can use the 100 pro template to make the disk. Intel uses a family structure with their drivers so they add new cards to the family driver as they are released. So I think your problem is that your nic can out after the driver that comes with ghost. The solution is to down load the latest dos driver for the 100 pro family from intel.com and copy the "100b.dos" file over the one in the "net" folder on your boot disk or boot image.

The error is the same: Unable to locate the NIC...NDIS environment is invalid.
    Are you sure that this Ghost version doesn't has any limit about NON PCI cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHSTECH
    You can use the 100 pro template to make the disk. Intel uses a family structure with their drivers so they add new cards to the family driver as they are released. So I think your problem is that your nic can out after the driver that comes with ghost. The solution is to down load the latest dos driver for the 100 pro family from intel.com and copy the "100b.dos" file over the one in the "net" folder on your boot disk or boot image.

clue

There is a new:I have downloaded new dos file from Intel and put it to Ghost boot disk.It recognize now the NIC but can't see mapped network drive where the image is located.
    If I use the windows wizard to do it, putting the intel dos file, when it reboot doesn't find NIC

Quote Originally Posted by GHSTECH

Are you running GhostCast Server to push the image?

As far I as I know, it is not present on this version of Ghost.I have it on Ghost corp.edit. 8 but I need to use GHOST 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    Are you running GhostCast Server to push the image?

When it maps the drive, you should be able to see the drive using dos commands and list the directory... can you?

No,
    I can see just the local drive, not mapped area.
    When it maps the drive, you should be able to see the drive using dos commands and list the directory... can you?