Playing Doom3? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Playing Doom3?

Quote Originally Posted by ironwill99
    It is after "Delta Labs Level 3"

The boss there really looks gruesome and looking at it makes my FPS go from 30 to 6 which adds to the difuculty.
    Iron, how about laying off the spoilers, its rude.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Iron, how about laying off the spoilers, its rude.
    Sorry I forgot my manners. I will edit the post.
    I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol! -Homer Simpson

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    You can always post spoilers as long as you set the text to be the same color as the BG, that way people have to highlight it to find out what it says
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Running the built in benchmark gave me a score of 32.3 FPS at 1024*768 at high quality. This is with the cache trick and the latest Nvidia drivers on a 5950 Ultra card. This card used to eat all other games for breakfast (except maybe FarCry). What are you guys getting?
    I'm getting 40-60, depends on the amount of lights and shadows in the scene
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

It is after "Delta Labs Level 3"

See no spoilers now!
    I'm in thier now (H3ll) , went in loaded with everything but the Kit.sink and now I wished I had that sink .

Running the built in benchmark gave me a score of 32.3 FPS at 1024*768 at high quality. This is with the cache trick and the latest Nvidia drivers on a 5950 Ultra card. This card used to eat all other games for breakfast (except maybe FarCry). What are you guys getting?
    1024 High gets me 43 FPS on a 5900 nonultra modded to 5950 @ 510/950. AXP 2.32 Ghz and 512 MB of mem. I think 8x anistropic filtering is on too.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

I was in Hell when I left for NY on the 1st and haven't played it since. It is scarry as hell though
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

w00t! I got my system running this game now.
    900 Athlon
    784MB pc133 @ 100 speeds (ECS K7vza v1.0 MOBO issue...)
    GF3 ti500, 64MB

Apparantly the vid card was overheating, so I got every spec of dust off it, and put a desktop fan blowing on it. The stupid heatsink barely has any surface area... no wonder it kept dying.

Anyway, I unpacked the PK4 files and did the cache tweak, and it rain fairly well. Sure, my monitor still doesn't do dark areas in general very well, and things become choppy in eye candy intensive areas... But overall, it's very playable with this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    You can always post spoilers as long as you set the text to be the same color as the BG, that way people have to highlight it to find out what it says
    Or the SPOILER tag could be used.

Spoiler:
    Like this - to keep things discreet.

Now the gamers would have to highlight the text to read it.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Personally, I don't see how video games have "spoilers" now... I suppose in a way they do, but it just seems strange to me to think of it in that fashion.

What's really funny is that I didn't even intend to post any spoilers. I figured since we were all playing Doom3 here so when I say something like "The boss looks really gruesome" that it would be no surprise to anyone. Looking back though one or two things I said did cross the line so I removed them.
    I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol! -Homer Simpson