[RESOLVED] Modem installed, but no answer?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Modem installed, but no answer?

rblockmon

Angry Modem installed, but no answer?

Okay all,

I installed my modem after I freshly installed Windows ME. Now my modem doesnt pick up. I tried setting it to Com 2 but when I try to go to diagnositcs in the modem properties, a message appears saying "Unable to communicate with modem, please check to see if modem is installed correctly....". Everything is set right, no conflicts or anything. Please help!
    email me people

<mailto:"[email protected]">rblockmon</n>

Important question: What kind of modem?

Lacking that information, I would offer this suggestion:

<ol>[*]Remove the modem driver from the Modems Properties screen.</li>[*]Turn the box off and physically remove the modem.</li>[*]Turn the box back on and let it reboot normally.</li>[*]Shut down again and put the modem back in the box.</li>[*]Reboot and see if it does the PnP bit by itself.</li>[/list=a]

Should this fail, make sure that WinME can handle your modem, as well as make sure that you have the WinME driver for it.

------------------
    #include &lt;disclaimer.h&gt;: I didn't do it, nobody saw me, you can't prove anything, I swear I checked her ID first! Oh, and the opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of my employer.
    #include &lt;disclaimer.h&gt;: I didn't do it, nobody saw me, you can't prove anything, I swear I checked her ID first, and the opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of my employer.

iamyourtech

you prob bought cheapo winmodem..some of these will not load from the disk or plug and play
    after booting goto device manager ,goto modems,properties,drivers,now click update drivers, choose from list,then pick have disk,now browse and point out then win9x drivers..you will prob have to point to the cd also to load the wave drivers for the modem too..... good luck