Soyo SY-7VCA-E BOOTING PROBLEM

Thread: Soyo SY-7VCA-E BOOTING PROBLEM

Soyo SY-7VCA-E BOOTING PROBLEM

Hi I dont write english as a first language but ill do my best to explain myself..

I have a PIII 933mhz running on this motherboard and the problem is this..

Boot up starts normally, does the memory tests and lists IRQs etc etc then freezes completely beforce reaching the "Updating ESCD.... Success" message... I Cleared the CMOS and tried all diferent kinds of combinations in the bios but nothing seems to work... Sometimes.. 1 out of 50 reboots i get a succesfull boot but It doesnt depend on changing something.. its just luck.. What can this be ? any suggestions on what to do ?

pd: just flashed the bios.. and same thing happens

Thanks!
    Last edited by Velex; August 8th, 2004 at 05:32 PM.

Try opening your case and check your memory and cards to make sure they are all fully seated. Then check your FDD and IDE cable connections. If you have some spare known good cables you might try swapping them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Rezin
    Try opening your case and check your memory and cards to make sure they are all fully seated. Then check your FDD and IDE cable connections. If you have some spare known good cables you might try swapping them out.
    I changed the memory with other memorys I had and the problem continues so im sure its not the memory.

I dont have any IDE o FDD cable connections at the time, They are not necesary to solve this problem because if the booting process would work ok i would have the words "BOOT DISK FAILURE" after the booting processes i mentioned without the need of having a Floppy or HD connected to the MB...

The computer "hangs" on the PCI device listing...

Reset your bios to defaults
    If that does not work, remove the pci cards and try again.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Reset your bios to defaults
    If that does not work, remove the pci cards and try again.
    allready done that!

Quote Originally Posted by Velex
    Hi I dont write english as a first language but ill do my best to explain myself..

I have a PIII 933mhz running on this motherboard and the problem is this..

Boot up starts normally, does the memory tests and lists IRQs etc etc then freezes completely beforce reaching the "Updating ESCD.... Success" message... I Cleared the CMOS and tried all diferent kinds of combinations in the bios but nothing seems to work... Sometimes.. 1 out of 50 reboots i get a succesfull boot but It doesnt depend on changing something.. its just luck.. What can this be ? any suggestions on what to do ?

pd: just flashed the bios.. and same thing happens

Thanks!

Have you tried a different Graffic card.

If you can get a succesful boot, try going to Device Manager and go through all your devices under the Resources tab and see if you have a conflict in the memory and I/O ranges. You may have two or more devices trying to share these and be able to reset the range for an offending device. You may have to scroll up and down under Resources to see all the ranges. Long shot, but it can't hurt.

Velex, I am assuming that this didn't happen before you flashed the bios.

It may be you used the wrong bios file, or it has corrupted somehow. Please post the exact details of the bios flash you used and what your motherboard make, model and revision is.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Velex, I am assuming that this didn't happen before you flashed the bios.

It may be you used the wrong bios file, or it has corrupted somehow. Please post the exact details of the bios flash you used and what your motherboard make, model and revision is.
    this happened before i flashed the bios... so the last thing i did was flashing the bios to see if i could solve it.. but no

anyways I think the motherboards capacitor (i think u say it like this in english) are the problem becuase they are inflated so maybe they need to be changed.. it must be that..

Replace them as soon as possible! Otherwise they can cause much more serious problems...

If they are left to get worse, it can take the entire motherboard, pci cards and drives with them. Hurry!