Aopen AK89-MAX w/ 4 USB2.0 ports and, 2 1.1
9800 Raedon Pro 128mb
nforce3 chipset

other is

AMD 1.3 GHZ Tbird
1.3 Gigs of Ram
MSI K7 Turbo BOARD USB 1.1
Via chipset

Both of these PC are running Windows XP with SP1.

The Situation: Both computers recognize usb devices: ie., mouse, keyboard, hub etc... But neither will recognize a mass storage device except for my Dell X3i PDA. Now the two devices in particular that the PC's wont recognize are my Fuji Fine Pix Camera F700 and my Jump Drive Elite 512mb from Lexar. Already I have untinstalled the USB devices twice. I have reinstalled the USb drivers and nforce drivers several times still with no fix. I have also cleared the registry values under USB and USBSTOR. Now the interesting thing.... In USBSTOR the devices are recognized and ID correctly as Fuji and Lexar jump drive (W/T/F????).

When the devices are plugged into the AMD pc's XP will at first say found new device and it will come up with the correct device name. However, immediatley it will beep again and say Generic Device or Uknown Device. These devices will not be assigned a drive letter in My computer, but if I type g: or h: I can get to the device and it works fine.

The big problem is once the device is in I can not stop it. When I use XP's stop device feature the computer will hang in a continous stopping state. It will wither crash my machine, or it will not be able to shutdown.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I know someone is going to say try it on another computer. I have!!, and the devices work completley fine! I use them on my work pc and laptop with no problems what so ever. Both the work Laptop and Desktop are Intel. The desktop has Windows 2000 and the laptop XP.

One more note the AMD pcs are using the same multi distribution CD copy of Windows XP.

Now if you made it threw my details and rambling, give me a clue please! Help!!!!!!!!!