Win2k pro and the sony digital camera

Thread: Win2k pro and the sony digital camera

Win2k pro and the sony digital camera

Hey all -

I had windows me, but it stopped recognizing my digital camera, so i installed win2k pro. none of them recoginized my sony DSC-s70, but low and behold, it up and recognized it one day.

I am plugged in through my usb and it recognized my sony camera and installed the drivers. The removable disk showed up, all was well.

Nothing has changed on my computer, now it wont recognize, and a "code 28" shows up, and an unrecognizable device.

I need help. This is driving me crazy. How does this keep happening? I obviously don't need to install the drivers, the eject button shows up, but no "removable disk" on "my computer". Has anyone ever heard of this?

HELP!

Moe Meadors

Welcome to Windrivers moe

It could be a number of things... faulty cables, poor connection, lack of power to the usb port on the physical side... to help with that specifications for your computer are needed.

On the software side - what service pack number do you have installed for windows 2000? Have you installed the motherboard drivers?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

99% of the time I've found Sony DV camcorder are really flaky about the cables you use. 1394 and USB.. I've had $25 cables NOT work and $4 cables that do work. I've got 4 Sonys and in some case a cable that works with one will not work with another. Strange I don't have any of these problems with my JVC or Canons... Just SONY!