Always 38667 bps

Thread: Always 38667 bps

Unhappy Always 38667 bps

Hi! My external modem Creative Modem Blaster V90 DE5625 always connects my ISP with 38667 bps. Why can this be ? Anybody can help me ?
    Thanks

I would first check if there's a newer modem driver available and then talk to the ISP.
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

I agree, get the latest modem drivers, there could also be a firmware update.

Also check the phone line that your modem is plugged into. Is it 'noisy' or quiet (attach a normal phone to the line to test)? Have your telecoms provider run a quality test on the line (explain that you use a modem on the line and you are getting slow connection rates.) Are you sharing the phone line socket with any other devices such as a fax? If so unplug everything else and try again. Are you running a long extension cord from the modem to the socket? Is it running parallel to your power cables? If so move the two apart and try again as I have read on a few modem sites that this can cause up to a 10000bps drop. If you do have a long ext. cord get the shortest you can get away with.

Let us know how you get on.
    What do you mean its all my fault?...