Client computer dropped off the map

Thread: Client computer dropped off the map

Client computer dropped off the map

I have 3 computers networked using ICS on windows 98se as server. One of the clients shows up in network the other doesn't. One can connect to the internet (the one in the network neighborhood) and the other windows xp doesn't. Everthing was working fine till.....zonelabs firewall was installed on server. Has since been removed from server.

XP computer shows intire network but has no access. Server and other computer only show themselves and one other computer (no xp computer) Using tcp/ip protocol. Using Linksys LNEPCI II PCI Eathernet Adapter and Client For Microsoft Networks on server computer.

I have searched everywhere and can't find help. Ran Network Diagnostics tool on XP machine on TCP/IP with no red flags.

I need to be walked through this one guys. Thanks. First challange with computer I haven't been able to find help and resolve on my own.

Welcome to Windrivers joebrooks

First of all you may need to manually uninstall za page 79 of 170 shows you how.

On the xp computer, do you have accounts for the other two machines? Are they passworded?
    Have you turned off the xp firewall?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers joebrooks

First of all you may need to manually uninstall za page 79 of 170 shows you how.

On the xp computer, do you have accounts for the other two machines? Are they passworded?
    Have you turned off the xp firewall?
    I will do the manual. Thanks for that info.

Yes and yes. However the request for password doesn't come up just a deny access message with a request to seek admin.
    Yes firewall disabled.

Is there any good tutorial that walks one through the correct settings ie IP address, lan settings, and all the other things in the properties menu in network?

I was finally able to ping the client from the host machine. I was getting timed out before. So something has changed. I noticed the settings had changed on XP on one of the properties pages about IP of machine from 192 xxx x x to 10 x x x and changed that back. Server # ends in 1, and client in 2 and 3 respectivly.

Thank you for your help.