pc lockup with game need help

Thread: pc lockup with game need help

pc lockup with game need help

i just got this game yesterday nascar thunder 2004 by ea sports and when i get to clicking anything in the start game area my whole pc locks up key board mouse and sound loud hum have to cut my pc off by the kill button on my tower my pc has all the system requirments but for some reason its locking my pc up downloaded update video driver and there were no new driver for the game still same thing can someone please help
    IF YOU DON'T ASK YOU WILL NEVER KNOW.

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot316
    i just got this game yesterday nascar thunder 2004 by ea sports and when i get to clicking anything in the start game area my whole pc locks up key board mouse and sound loud hum have to cut my pc off by the kill button on my tower my pc has all the system requirments but for some reason its locking my pc up downloaded update video driver and there were no new driver for the game still same thing can someone please help

Does your PC meet the minimum specs for the game, in particular sound and graphics?

Do you have the latest Direct X loaded ?

Do you have the latet chipset drivers loaded ?

If the game is using EAX sound can you get into the setup to disable this ?

EA games have to be one of the most beachy games lately... in almost every case I've had to upgrade the video card to make one of those dumb games work. I find it funny how people buy games, especially the $25 boggle games, then they come to me and spend several hundred just to get the computer to play this dumb game they'll only play rarely... but I had an issue the other day that the video card wasn't directX 9 compatible so the game wasn't working, upgraded the video and it worked just fine after that... do what RSU suggests first as maybe your AGP driver just needs updating... do you have other recent games?
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot316
    I had that problem with My AMD system with a VIA chipset. It would immediately lock up Once the game started. I did everything that was suggested here and finally I changed the AGP setting in the bios to 2X and the problems went away. The video card was a Geforce 3 Ti 500. This would also happen if I tried to Play a 3D game in Linux like Unreal Tournament so I am guessing it is a hardware problem. I just bought a game console because like was stated in an earlier post the requirements are only going to go up in time and you will end up spending tons of money just to keep up with the requirements.
    After a lot of researching on the net I found others were having the same problem and it was even stated that it was a known problem with the Via chipset but who knows if it is true or not.