Print server form problem

Thread: Print server form problem

Print server form problem

I have Avery 4013 3 1/2" x 15/16" computer mailing labels and am trying to print addresses using the Word template for the labels and every time I try to print a label it prints them fine except that after each label it advances about 10 labels. I have tried setting up the print server form to the size of a single label but it won't appear in the printer's paper size option.
    Does Windows 2000 limit the size on the print server form?

I have a dot matrix Epson LQ-2180 with the latest drivers. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Have you visited Epson's knowledgebase or downloaded the latest manual? I have seen this issue, but have resolved it by changing the feed options on the printer not with changing drivers. More than likely you need to read the manual and check the knowledgebase to get steps on how to correctly print labels on you printer.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

At the printer's support web site I get this:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...287&foid=34247

Q: I'm trying to print a 3.5-inch wide by 1-inch long label. I set the printer up for a User Defined page size and it prints the first label, then the paper advances about a page and a half and prints the next label. How can I set the printer up to print one label after another from Windows?

A: If you are in Windows 3.1x using an ESC/P2 printer driver, you will not be able to choose a User Defined page size. The ESC/P2 drivers do not support User Defined page sizes. To use a User Defined page size, you will need to change your printer driver to an ESC/P printer driver such as the LQ-850/1050, LQ-510/550/1010, LQ-200, LQ-500, LQ-860+/1060+, LQ-2550, LQ-800/1000, or LQ-1500. If you are in Windows 95 or 98, you can use Microsoft's LQ-570, LQ-570+, LQ-870, LQ-1070, LQ-1070+, LQ-1170 and LQ-2170 ESC/P2 printer driver. The Windows 95 ESC/P2 drivers do support User Defined sizes. The above procedures apply any time you specify a User Defined page size such as checks, small envelopes, or sheet fed labels, to name a few.

Well I tried a couple of them and at best it skips 4 labels.
    Can't find anything on changing the form feed options on the printer.
    I can't get the print server form to be viewed in the printer's page settings when it is smaller than Width: 8.5" and Height: 4".

Luzbel, what word processor are you using to type the label addresses? Most Avery labels are already setup within word and wp.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I'm using Office 2002 with the label template provided for Avery 4013 continuous form labels. It places the address on the label correctly but after it finishes printing a page it feeds advances 10 labels and continues printing.

so it is behaving as if they were cut sheet - have you checked the printer settings - the tray to which word thinks the labels are being sent?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."