White screen of death?

Thread: White screen of death?

Question White screen of death?

I got this new nifty Pocket PC/moble phone 4 days ago... It's great its just... I think I've managed to break it already. I turn it on and the screen is just white. Is this the white screen of death similar to the blue screen of death I get on my PC's when the OS crashes? If so... what do I do on a PPC? Reinstall the OS? I've got alot of reading to do...

Maybe you can get viruses on PPC's I've been downloading, installing and uninstalling apps like crazy... keeping what I like and disguarding what I don't like.

If you have any input please post! This is new to me and I'm stumped... Thanks a bunch, Rip

It appears that the LCD may have gone out...or you have a more serious issue. I would take it back to the store and get a replacement.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by tha 4NiK8R
    It appears that the LCD may have gone out...or you have a more serious issue. I would take it back to the store and get a replacement.
    I've been thinking about it and I'm pretty sure this is a SUE lol <Stupid User Error> I was removing applications to make space on it to try out more applications it asked me to restart. I then restarted it to this. I messed up my own PPC OS I'm pretty sure now... Also I read some simlar situations on other PPC boards.

So a quick reload should solve it, if it doesn't take it back! It's too easy to void the warranty tinkering.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."