[RESOLVED] what motherboard do you reccomend?

Thread: [RESOLVED] what motherboard do you reccomend?

wrightchix

what motherboard do you reccomend?

I'm running an infamous PC Chips M560 with an AMD200 and after a year and a half of monkeying around I've finally got the thing to work right. I'm now ready to move up to something faster and more reliable. What Super 7 boards do you out there recommend?

Darren Wilson
    Giga-Byte GA5-AX ( which fully supports the K6-3 ) or the Asus P5A.

Both these boards are ATX form ( but are available in AT form but not recommended ).

Both boards seem to be very good and most of my customers who want Super 7 systems, request either one of these boards.

I have built dozens of systems in the last few weeks using either the Asus P5A-B (AT) or the P5A (ATX) and have found them to be very stable and reliable. The Asus website also provides very good technical support and driver downloads.

Steve
    Navin: "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"

lightNmagic
    Wrightchix,

Most of the custom systems I have assembled revolve around Shuttle, Tyan or Super Micro. I feel the best bang for the buck and reliabilty is the Tyan. I recently built a custom PII 4oo based on a Tyan Tsunami 1846. After benchmarking it against similar PII's with identical settings and hardware, save for the motherboards, it ran faster and more effiently. They were all done without any registry tweaks.

I gotta go with the TYAN also.

The Trinity is a very good board, 4 ISA, 4 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 mb cache, 100 Mhz, and a real plus, You can actually read the manual!

Seriously though, I've been the PC-Chips route, and still use thier 66 MHz boards on certain systems, but the TYAN is what I run my AMD 400 game system on and it runs great.
    "Oh Bother," said Pooh, as Windows crashed for the umpteenth time.

Can I run Windows XP SP 2 on my Commodore 64?
    GO PATS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Clammino
    Can I run Windows XP SP 2 on my Commodore 64?
    No.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams