problem sending hp2200c scan to Active Share

Thread: problem sending hp2200c scan to Active Share

problem sending hp2200c scan to Active Share

I recently downloaded updates to Win Amp and Windows media player. After the down load I had problems with my Adobe Active Share which came with my HP scan jet scanner. I uninstalled both the adobe active share and scan jet using the disk that came with the scanner and re installed both. Active share came on but could not get scanner to work. contacted HP and downloaded a fix 2001-09-24. after installing the new fix, scanner worked fine, but can't send scans to active share, all other destinations work fine. In active share there is no icon for the scanner, and when I tried to install same, I get connected to a website that is no longer in use. (I since found out Adobe no longer supports active share).
    Active share is on the destination list on scan jet, and when I send a scan to Active Share, active share opens up but the scan doesn't get there.
    any suggestions for adding the scanner to active share???
    I run windows ME. and everything worked fine untill this problem occurred

thanks
    billwil

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling active share since install the new scanner fix?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

yes, tried that, uninstalled Active share after update to scanner reinstalled it. no difference. after reinstalling active share, startedcanner and clicked on send to active share and active share opened up and said ready for first time use but no picture, and still no scanner in active share.
    billwil

I have never used active share, so I am unable to help you further... sorry.

I would suggest that if you want it back the way it was, you remove windows media player, install over the existing installation and do not update media player, but do all the other updates again.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."