Problem with digi cams and SD Card

Thread: Problem with digi cams and SD Card

Question Problem with digi cams and SD Card

Hi all,
    Im having some trouble downloading data from my 2 digi cams, one is a "Fasioncam, DIGI EYE or DV-588" (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...834222148&rd=1 they are all over ebay many brands same thing.)
    and the other is a Dolphin Jazz 2.0 (http://www.dolphinfast.com/products/1016.html)

They both act as mass storage devices and I can download from them easily. The problem starts when I put my NEW SD card (Sandisk 128mb) in either of them, when I connect it to my pc instead of windows explorer poping up with the new drive (G: H: F: etc) windows autorun comes up searches for something then after a minute it stops and explorer comes up with the drive but its empty!

Im confused my SD reader can read the card fine and me and my bro both own 256mb IMPIA mp3 players (http://www.efx.com.au/products/impia4000.asp *Has unexpandable built in memory*) and they work fine. My USB MX500 mouse also works fine.

Windows identifies the Dolphin as "Cam 3200" and the fasion cam as "Sunplus SPCA533" and they dont show up in device manager.

Can someone please help me??

Com Specs:
    P4 2.4B
    Gigabyte GA-8PE800 PRO
    512mb PC2700 333mhz Sony
    Sparkle GF4 TI4200
    A: 3 1/2" floppy
    C:\D: 80Gb Western Digital JB in 2x 40GB Partitions
    E: Sony DDU1612 DVD ROM
    F: LTR-24102B CD Burner
    WIN XP PRO SP1 (CORP)

Welcome to Windrivers Rick2310

Did you check the manuals for your cameras for the specification of removable storage you can put in the cameras? There are several types. found the specs here but it just says SD/MMC... It could be that the cameras require their own format on the flash card.
    Last edited by NooNoo; August 20th, 2004 at 04:13 AM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Talking

Thanks for replying,
    Im pretty sure there not fussy they can write and read to the card and even view each others pics\vids, there just not getting the data to the computer?

Ive since tried to:
    Remove my alcohol virtual drive (G - Didnt work
    delete any reference to dolphin, sunplus, cam3200 etc from the registry and reinstall the drivers - Nothing
    Reinstalled windows usb hotfix - Dindn't work either.

Im really puzzled, they worked a couple of times and then they just stopped working!?
    Is there anyway to completely remove traces of the drivers?

Rick

go through the registry looking for references to the usb device or the company which made it... then find the files to which the keys refer and remove them, then remove the keys.

As to the sd card, are you saying it has previously worked?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Unhappy

Ive been through the reg and deleted all "sunplus ca533a" and "cam 3200" refrences. Its still doing the same thing!?

I could not delete these:
    hkey_local_machine\system\controlset001\enum\USBST OR
    \Disk&Ven_Sunplus&Prod_Sunplus_SPCA533&Rev_1.00
    \Disk&Ven_&Prod_Cam_3200&Rev_1.00

They have a lot of info on the entries like capabilities, class, compatible ID's, UIN number etc.
    Not sure if these are causing the problem?

They still work as webcams and, without the SD card, as MSD's

And yes it worked correctly twice or so before I had troubles.

Rick

if the camera detects ok, then it's just the mass storage device that's the problem

So plug in the camera without the sd card.... get it working. Now put the sd card in and see if windows picks up the card with the camera on and connected?

Thumbs down

Ok tried it with the dolphin, autosearches, drive pops up in windows explorer with nothing in it. If I go to drive properties it says the size is 0kb with 0kb used.