Tech support made simple...

Thread: Tech support made simple...

Tech support made simple...

Reminds me of the time Gateway was telling me it was a McAFee problem and McAFee telling me it was a Gateway problem...
    Bouncy Bouncy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangeman
    Reminds me of the time Gateway was telling me it was a McAFee problem and McAFee telling me it was a Gateway problem...
    and all the time it was you ,,

Reminds me of the time we had a new Dell server which kept rebooting whilst installing SBS 2000, their tech guy said it was a damaged CD...

To which the reply was it's not running from the CD, its running from the image installed on the factory, then it must be a corrupt image, can you install from CD's, so install from CD's same problem happens

Tech guy says the CD's must be damaged... I said are you sure it's not something like the CPU overheating. No will send out replacement CD's, they turn up same problem happens... Get another tech guy, oh yeah we get this all the time its a corrupt image on the hard drive... errr loading from CD's. In that case it's the CD's....

F**k this I think, pull the top off and remove heat sink on processor... no thermal paste...... 2 days later Dell finally believed me it wasn't hard drive/CD and sent out a replacement processor WITH thermal paste. I'm sure Dogbert is the head of tech support at Dell.
    "Today is a Gift, thats why they call it the present"

Quote Originally Posted by corturbra
    Reminds me of the time we had a new Dell server which kept rebooting whilst installing SBS 2000, their tech guy said it was a damaged CD...

To which the reply was it's not running from the CD, its running from the image installed on the factory, then it must be a corrupt image, can you install from CD's, so install from CD's same problem happens

Tech guy says the CD's must be damaged... I said are you sure it's not something like the CPU overheating. No will send out replacement CD's, they turn up same problem happens... Get another tech guy, oh yeah we get this all the time its a corrupt image on the hard drive... errr loading from CD's. In that case it's the CD's....

F**k this I think, pull the top off and remove heat sink on processor... no thermal paste...... 2 days later Dell finally believed me it wasn't hard drive/CD and sent out a replacement processor WITH thermal paste. I'm sure Dogbert is the head of tech support at Dell.
    Wow, that kind of reminds me of my online chats with HP concerning my Ipaq 2210!!
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

I like the one where the manager keeps forgetting his password so he tells him to use five asterix instead