FREE Windows XP SP2 CD Update... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: FREE Windows XP SP2 CD Update...

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    I thought it was one per person.
    I asked for, and got 5 this morning.... Have deployed SP2 on several machines now(including my own) with no real issues to speak of.

One XP Home (customer) machine did slow down dramatically but installing and updating the mobo chipset drivers fixed this without hassle. He'd recently reformatted and reinstalled and because the vid & sound worked fine on first boot he did not think he needed to run the mobo install disc!!!

Another bunny is bleating because some of his favourite games no longer run so will probably need to uninstall this one, at least until the patches / fixes become available.

Despite the scare stories I'm actually quite impressed with SP2 thus far, but must admit that the jury's still out so to speak - see how things go over the next month or two.

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by esnetsc
    Hey I got mines today, 11 of them. I ordered 12 but I think the mail man took one, faget mailman. But I don't care, time to get them out for friends with dial up and to some that don't want to waste a CD-R.

Hi, guys I got the otherone today, I think the mailman kept one to install of copy then put uit back today. I order them all the same day and I don't know why they came like this, but hey it's free. :butt:

Thumbs up

just got mine in the mail today
    I think the problem is either an ID10T or PEBCAK error

Well at least I backed all my important stuff up...now to install this beast when it comes in.
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields

Had mine for weeks and will not install it, All SP2 seems to be are more wizards for new computer users
    Why should I have Windows monitoring my antivirus software and make sure it is monitoring my system, It also kills downloads and installs over the net
    I don't need Microsoft holding my hand whenever I use my computer, I know how to use one, They should offer and advanced setup option for expereinced computer users
    Maybe thats why I am playing with Linux
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

Quote Originally Posted by format c:
    ... They should offer and advanced setup option for expereinced computer users
    Maybe thats why I am playing with Linux
    What would happen if a novice user "accidentally" start the advanced installation ?