audio plugs not working??

Thread: audio plugs not working??

audio plugs not working??

I just put together my pc about a week ago and cant figure out what is wrong with the sound.

DFI Lanparty pro 875b mobo
    2.8E pentium 4
    512 ram
    c-media ac 97 audio(onboard)

Anyways before I got my new processor I had the mobo in another case and the sound was working fine, but I was using front x....a frontside audio that comes with the mobo and plugs into the mobo seperately from the rear audio ports. Anyways well after I changed cases I didnt put the front x in this case and once all was installed and everything I have no sound. After I thought about it I have never even tried to use the rear audio ports b/c I have only been using headphones in the front ports. Anyways if I could just get this last little problem fixed I can finally say my computer is working perfectly. Well, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the audio driver numerous times and I wish I could see if the front audio still worked but I dont have that case here with me to try it out as of now. Anyway, I was thinking that this is probably either a defective mobo (please NOOOO) or maybe some settings on it. Also I have checked all volume controls and they seem to be set fine and mobo is set for ac97 audio. Let me know what you come up with.

Might be jumpers on the mainboard to swap the audio from front to back.
    Several of the boards I use have that . Disable the front audio and enable the rear audio. Check the manual
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

I'll see if i can look it up and figure it out thanks.

I checked in the manual and the only jumpers i see on my mobo are for the wake on mouse, keyboard, and cmos. I have one place for front audio to be plugged, but there are no jumpers there.
    Last edited by Jove; August 29th, 2004 at 10:39 AM.

in control panel, multimedia, what are the preferred playback and record devices? Are they greyed out?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    in control panel, multimedia, what are the preferred playback and record devices? Are they greyed out?
    I have windows xp professional and in control panel I dont see a multimedia. Anyways last night I reinstalled xp and all my mobo drivers and still nothing.

in control panel there should be an icon called sounds, speech and audio devices click the link, that will take you to Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices

Lower half of the page click sounds and audio devices... you want the third tab, audio. This property sheet used to be accessible from multimedia applet in control panel in previous versions of windows.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."