Project Labs Centry CD Software (CCD) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Project Labs Centry CD Software (CCD)

Need windows driver for DDS 1.02.

Edit by admin: no contact info permitted on the forum, thank you

Short of finding someone selling one of these units (or maybe just the software) on Ebay or the like, I'd say you're out of luck, bruce. The Century CD is a dead product, and there is no support for it anymore.

So far graphitebull is keeping his promise to archive them permanently, they can still be downloaded from his direct link. Grab WinRar if you don't already have it to extract the archive.

Quote Originally Posted by Platypus
    So far graphitebull is keeping his promise to archive them permanently, they can still be downloaded from his direct link. Grab WinRar if you don't already have it to extract the archive.
    Er, I guess that's a good thing, but a link would be nice, because when I Google graphitebull, I don't see anything useful.

>chuckle< I guess that gives me the go ahead to be a smarty & post two links?

Post #8 in this thread

14th Google hit

Unhappy I like a copy of the v1.03 s/w for the Century CD

I just got my hands on one of the Century CD and looking for the Project Lab version 1.03 (windows XP compatable) software. I see some of you have a copy, would you mind sharing, I would really appreciate any help you can offer? Thanks

I have a copy of Century CD 1.03 but it is a bit big to email.
    It is 7,721,708 bytes zipped.

I have also figured out how to get working into Windows 7
    x86 if anyone is interested.

(I have not yet written it up and would like someone to confirm
    that the result is repeatable.)

HTH.
    BobxT

Please share how you were able to get it to work under Windows 7?

The program was installed to "F:\Program Files\Project Lab\DDS\" and is thus commonly available to both WinXP and Win7 on same system.

This is EXACTLY what I have done, some steps may not be what YOU need to do YMMV.

1. I have installed both Windows 7 Ultimate and XP pro to separate partitions and am using a "GAG" Boot Manager instead of the usual M$ Windows Boot Manager.

The partition Layout is as follows:-
    Primary Partition #1 = Windows 7
    Primary Partition #2 = Windows XP Pro
    Logical Partitions = D,E,F etc.

GAG has been set to Hide Primary Partitions. (ie XP cannot see Win7 and vice versa.) Both the XP and Win7 when booted, are seen as Drive C:.

Under XP the "My Documents" folder has been set to reside on Drive F: as "F:\My Documents"

2. Under XP, Century CD DDS software for Windows v1.03 is installed also to F: and is located in:- F:\Program Files\Project Lab\DDS

Century CD was tested and confirmed to be working under XP.

3. On the XP Drive C: the following folder and files was backed up:-
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\{0A2CF82E-9B08-44FF-84A0-8404AC9C43D8}"

Note:-
    "{0A2CF82E-9B08-44FF-84A0-8404AC9C43D8}" is a folder complete with files.

4. The backup of "{0A2CF82E-9B08-44FF-84A0-8404AC9C43D8}" was restored under Windows 7 to the following location:-
    "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\{0A2CF82E-9B08-44FF-84A0-8404AC9C43D8}"

5. Under XP the registry was searched for all keys with values to do with Century CD. These keys were exported into a reg file.

One value "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\{0A2CF82E-9B08-44FF-84A0-8404AC9C43D8}\\"
    was edited to become:-
    "C:\\Users\\Default\\AppData\\Roaming\\{0A2CF8 2E-9B08-44FF-84A0-8404AC9C43D8}\\"
    and this reg files was then saved and transferred to Windows 7.

6. The Century CD device was powered up in Win 7 and plugged into the USB port.
    Win 7 detected it as normal with the usual sound effects. (But of course nothing else happened yet.)

The Century CD USB cable was then removed.

7. Still in Windows 7, the reg file was clicked and imported into the registry.

8. Plug back the Century CD USB cable.

9. Updated a file "zlib.dll" which was found in a MalwareBytes (Anti Malware program) folder and appears to be an updated version and of same function. This file was copied over the original that was located in:-
    "F:\Program Files\Project Lab\DDS\"

(Testing later showed it appears to work ok in XP and Win7).

Strictly speaking, this file may not have required to be updated, it was just that the original from the XP install of Century CD DDS was very old and I did it anyway.

10. On Drive F:, locate the Century CD executable at:-
    "F:\Program Files\Project Lab\DDS\DDS.EXE"
    and manually create an icon on the desktop.

11. Click on the Desktop icon (DDS) and the program loads. The DDS database is up and working, extraction of disks etc works as it did in XP.

Finished.

I can't quote the reg file here as it keeps locking up any browser I try.

HTH,
    BobxT.

Smile

Thank you so much, I downloaded the software per your instuctions and installed it. Before you replied, I did find a website with a compatable product by the name of DigiStore Solutions, their product is called Centurion CD. They have a FREE software product called Dynamic Data Storage (DDS) to MediaTRACKER Converter Version 1.1.0.0 for Microsoft Windows. It claims to also work with Vista. If interested you can download the program at the following website: http://www.digistoresolutions.com/pr.../downloads/103

They also have a full paid product version if you like.

My findings seems to point that Century CD and Centurion CD Products are Hardware and Software compatible / interchangeable except that DigiStore Solution states that their software only works on version 4 and higher firmware for Century CD products which is indicated by the serial number starting with 04.XXXXXXXX where as the first two numbers need to be 04 or greater, they also indicated that the Century CD product is not upgradeable by the end user (end user can not flash the unit).

Also see alternative Century CD compatible software offering by Collectorz.com: http://www.collectorz.com/music/centurion-cd.php

FREE S/W: MediaTRACKER Lite Version 2.1.3 for Macintosh OS X, Tiger and Leopard (Free, Limited Version)
    Website: http://www.digistoresolutions.com/pr.../downloads/105
    Product Forum: http://www.digistoresolutions.com/forum

FREE 3rd Party Apps Available

Projects page for the Centurion DiscHub and Centurion CD