[RESOLVED] USR sportster fax modem EXT

Thread: [RESOLVED] USR sportster fax modem EXT

striker

Angry USR sportster fax modem EXT

I recently had a system crash that made it impossible to boot into windows without a windows protection error. previously to this everything was working fine INCLUDING the modem. However as i had to format and reinstall Win98 i lkost everything. when i first installed win98 it wanted to call my modem a standard modem X2. Now i cant get the drivers that go with the modem to work and the only driver that will work is the standard modem for windows and thats slow as hell. when i load the drivers that are supposed to be used for the modem, it connects to the modem, dials the num and then tells me the comp i am dialing is not answering, instantly, and i know that isnt true cause i can load the standard drivers and connect right up. i sure hope someone can help me here im about to shoot the modem

Mustang

try removing the modem drivers and modem description and reinstall from scratch.
    this should help
    also make sure there is nothing else trying to use the same com port
    and make sure that the modem error correction is controlled by hardware and not software as well as setting the port speed as fast as it will go for both the modem and the actual pots settings too
    hope this helps