[RESOLVED] BUS speed

Thread: [RESOLVED] BUS speed

TheWATRB0Y

Resolved [RESOLVED] BUS speed

Hello everyone, I am trying to update my computer (mainly my processor) and i need to know how to find the BUS speed on my computer to find out if i have to get a new motherboard with my processor, and i have no clue how to find that. Can someone help me out and reply to this and tell me how to find it...Thanx a lot
    -Anthony

Darren Wilson

Which processor do you have already?

Which Motherboard do you have already?

If you can supply us with this info then we will be able to tell you what your require.

------------------
    Visit my BRAND NEW Site from the 4th November 2000.

The Carpers Lodge.net
    The Webs Number One Resource for Today's Carp Angler.

TheWATRB0Y

I have a Pentium II, 333 mhz, how do i find out my mother board???????? I have been lookin for a few mins but i cant find it....
    -Anthony

sage19

You might try a utility called Siosoft Sandra, it identifies some mainboards. it might also tell you what bus speed you're running at, and what bus speeds your boards supports.
    With the 333 though I think its a 66speed bus, but it depends on the board whether or not it'll support a higher bus or not.
    I'm assuming this was a store bought computer, so out of curiousity, what brand and model number is it?

ElectricFireBomb

Sandra is good stuff, I agree!!

U need to get a Abit KT7 raid
    with a Thunderbird K7 athlon processor

Check my site at WWW.ELECTRICFIREBOMB.COM

TheWATRB0Y

Actually, it was technically a store bought computer, but not like a main store, it was bought from a small computer store that a friend of my family owns, so we bought it from him, so its not really a brand name computer.
    -Anthony

Originally posted by TheWATRB0Y:
    I have a Pentium II, 333 mhz, how do i find out my mother board???????? I have been lookin for a few mins but i cant find it....
    -Anthony

try www.motherboards.org You can ID your board by bios string, board number, or FCC number. Most of the 333's I have seen ran on a board that only supported a 66mhz bus but that does not mean that is what you have.

------------------
    You spend your whole life believing that you're on the right track,
    only to discover that you're on the wrong train.

sage19

Thats good to know actually...
    To me that gives you a pretty good chance of being able to upgrade more easily, some of the oem manufactures like compaq's systems are quite a bit of fun to upgrade.
    (just upgraded my girl friends compaq - it was one of the no-cache celerons, the thing would only hold up to a pII 333, no 100fsb support...)

Nick Fury

Question

Ok im getting a new PC by ordering over the net now this moment...
    I have a celeron 466
    Not sure what mother board but i know its 100mhz
    256 (100mh\)ram
    voodoo 5500

I want a AMD athlon thunderbird, i know i need new motherboard but what about ram?