sis multimedia audio controller not installed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sis multimedia audio controller not installed

sis multimedia audio controller not installed

for some reason my multimedia audio controller is uninstalled. i can't find the files i need to reinstall it. can anyone help?

What pc do you have syco?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

it's windows xp with pentium 4 processor 2.40GH my motherboards chipset is a sis651 and my audio adapter is sis 7012 audio device. anything else you need to now? i hope this helps.
    Last edited by syco_killah; September 5th, 2004 at 03:09 AM.

Looks like you want to be here then :- SIS driver donload page

tried that, it was no help

Can you tell us the model of the pc then, there must be some variation of the chipset maybe, we need to start looking on the manufacturer of the motherboards site.

Quote Originally Posted by syco_killah
    What exactly happened? You couldn't find the right file? You couldn't download it? You couldn't install it?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

sis does not make motherboards, they make chipsets. If you can find a label or printing on the motherboard, it might allow us to identify the make and model.

The driver for the 7012 is here: http://download.sis.com/download_ste...&os=4&x=11&y=9. What happened when you tried to install it?
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

I have almost the same machine and the same problem (I also installed a new copy of windows). I installed the sis driver but had an error half way through installation. The error screen for the problem is:

UpdateDriveForPlugAndPlayDevice
    X -536870397

Don't know if this helps.

I have a new motherboard with new software and the software won't run. I had a Dell PC (all hardware but the motherboard) but the driver software won't run. The motherboard software from the original set up changed the name of the Audio driver but that also has a yellow mark?

Thanks,

Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by syco_killah

http://www.sis.com/download/agreement.php?id=155808

Welcome to WinDrivers, Media control.

As slavedriver's post shows, it can be a bit confusing to add to an old topic, but we'll try to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Media control- sound
    a new motherboard with new software ... I had a Dell PC (all hardware but the motherboard) but the driver software won't run. The motherboard software from the original set up...
    Please give us a little more detail of the circumstances here. It seems you've fitted a new non-Dell motherboard to the Dell system, and can't get either the support software for the new board or that for the original Dell to install. Is that right?

If so, you'll probably need to have the right mixture of both, depending on how much of the old Dell is left, and proprietary software like Dell often won't let you do this.

If I've got the scenario right, please let us know the model of the new motherboard, the model of the Dell system and what of the Dell parts are still being used, eg video card or sound card. And also what version of Windows you're installing.

Thanks,

I think it might not be the new hardware, but that is one problem.

It is operating system. That is what I have been reading. There are a lot of people without sound, like me, or with the yellow marks.

The new motherboard is Asus P4S800-MX. It was installed with the software. Both use SIS chipset. I checked it with a system view program and I have read people talk about the same multimedia controller being mentioned.

I am planning to wipe the C drive and to install Dell service pack 1a.
    This installation is meant to test the: drives, chipsets, main board, video card, TV card, CD drives, ports.

The hardware might need re-installation.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Media control- sound; September 19th, 2006 at 06:25 AM.

Dell service pack 1a.. for Windows XP? You need Service Pack 2.
    The yellow marks indicate a problem
    If you click on the sis stuff with a yellow mark then click properties it will give you an error code. Post that code and we can give you a more accurate diagnosis of the problem.

Did you actually load the drivers that came with the motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Media control- sound
    Asus P4S800-MX... SIS chipset.

install Dell service pack 1a.
    You could try installing a Dell XP SP1a - it may work or it may not. If it's a restore disk, this will be keyed to Dell hardware and that won't work. If it's an OEM Windows installation disk, it can still be keyed to the BIOS on the Dell motherboard as the OS is only licenced for that board. And if it will install, you likely will be unable to activate the Windows installation, but that may not matter if you just want to ensure the hardware works.

If you're using the onboard video & sound you'll need to install the support software for the new motherboard, no Dell software will help. If the driver disk doesn't have a fully automated installation, be sure to install the chipset drivers first or Windows can have trouble further on because it doesn't understand the support chipset properly.

Whilst the new board has a SIS support chipset, the sound is Analog Devices SoundMax, so people's SIS sound experiences may not directly equate.

Also if the TV card is Dell supplied, you should see if Dell has the XP drivers seperately available for it, and it's probably best to leave it out to avoid confusion for the initial Windows installation, then try to set it up if everything else works OK.

Chipset sounds good,

I think it is a matter of sequence. I did not install the motherboard. I believe the chipset drivers were not properly installed, or could not be properly installed.

I kinda got the impression that the software for either motherboard was likely to work, even if they gave a different set of problems. I am talking about the drivers that I can access through the OS. The old motherboard is not Dell. It was changed also because I needed better memory then the Dell board could handle. Gigabyte and Asus.

Most of the software I install works normal, it is just that the hardware won't take. I installed my modems software a dozen times, (because I was prompted at start up - though it was already working). It and the screen and the harddrives are the only things I have got. Sound worked for a while.

I was planning to format C and start afresh. I am not sure I know how to do this properly. Service pack 1 won't install over the XP I have. I am guessing I will take it back to the shop. I have already spent more on this then a new computer.

The new motherboard was installed proffessionaly. Hardware started to fail bit by bit. I had had another proffessional put in a new: motherboard, hard drive, TV card, Tower etc and when the motherboard died I opened it up and it was all tangled (his fault) and full of dirt. The first thing that went was the screen. I thought that the damage was spread but apparently that is not the way the power flows.

Even the modem was no longer recognised after a few reboots. I ran a new version of XP over the software because I had to buy a new copy. I have since set up the modem, ok. I tried a new modem and got nowhere. When I need to insert the disks from the manufacturer they seem to work but don't.

If I knew enough I'd install a floppy drive and make a boot disk.

The yellow marks:
    The driver is not installed

No drivers from the motherboard or from SIS work and I know I have the right ones as I read the details on the board and through the AIDA32 program

Sorry for all the trouble. I don't have good records of this as the computer was in a box while I was moving and I installed a fresh copy of windows into a Dell Laptop and I had to fix it. (The Dell drivers worked fine).

Thanks,

Phillip