I have a Philips CDD4801 drive and I am trying to create Data CDs using Easy CD Creator v4, but failing.
I've been able to create data CDs in the past, but since I don't use it very often, I'm not really sure when things went bad.

Situation....
Easy CD Creator recognizes the drive, and it sees the blank CD, and in fact it seems to write to the CD just fine. It writes out all of the tracks, and the little red light blinks on and off in correct intervals the whole time. The problem occurs at the very end when it is "Closing Session" or something like that (it's in Japanese so the translation may be off). It gets to 100%, but the CD drive continues to blink its red light on and off and Easy CD Creator doesn't enable the "Done" button.
After about 5 minutes after it reaches 100%, it eventually does stop flashing, but it's basically a completely unsable CD.

I've tried using different formats (ISO9660 and Joliet) and different write speeds (2x - 8x) and different ways of closing the CDs. Nothing seems to work.
I've also tried deinstalling and reinstalling Easy CD Creator to no avail.

NOTE: I was able to create a music CD using the embedded Roxio applet in Windows Media Player.