HP Pavilion a610n - NO SOUND

Thread: HP Pavilion a610n - NO SOUND

Hybrid View

HP Pavilion a610n - NO SOUND

Ok In July Of 2004 (2 Months Ago). I brought a brand new HP from circuit city. It runs perfectly from july to well a week ago. It ran slow as heck. (note that I did not have the windows xp home edition version that came with the one installed on my pc I dont know if the version I OWNED was the same one or older. Well anyway so I have my pc set up to where it reads the cd rom drive first so I can reformat windows xp using NTSF or whatever thats called. My computer WORKS PERFECTLY but for some reason the windows xp cd installation IS NOT READING MY SOUND CARD SO I HAVE NO SOUND AT ALL.

I have no idea what is my sound card or wether its onboard audio or anything like that.. But I have been told that with MOST NEWER MOTHERBOARDS - any operating system with WINDOWS XP reformatting or reinstalling WONT READ YOUR COMPUTERS SOUND CARD and only way to fix it is to install it yourself or install a completely new OS like Windows 2000 etc. So can anyone point me as to how I can find out what sound card or w/e I have or WHERE I can download drivers ?

ANY HELP IS APPRECHIATED THANKS IN ADVANCED

Note : Before I reformated XP - SOUND WORKED PERFECTLY
    Last edited by MovieTrailerMusic; September 9th, 2004 at 05:37 AM.

Welcome to windrivers forums MovieTrailerMusic.

HP Pavilion a610n should (if you follow the various links) have original sound drivers on it for your machine.

You want to look in device manager (right click my computer properties, hardware & you'll see a button) then you should have a list identifying all your computers 'inards' like so ..

here we ought to have something with a yellow '!' next to it under the heading sound video & games controllers, if the machine is short of this driver (update by pointing the '!' entry to 'update driver' from what you've downloaded) - you may have another problem, but on what you've said so far this hopefully will be enough info to fix you up ?
    Last edited by confus-ed; September 9th, 2004 at 02:06 PM.

All the drivers for you computer are here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&dlc=en&os=228. Go to the bottom of the page under Original Drivers and select the audio drivers.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Ok Im downloading the audio drivers now & dang 30 min download if this works u guys kick a$$

WOO HOOO SOUND WORKS but one more question

WOO HOOO SOUND WORKS but one more question. In my device manager list there are 2 more things with the yellow exclimation marks in my Other Devices thing. and they are

PCI Simple Communications Center

Video Controller (VGA Combatible)

Universal Serial Bus (USB Controller)

What ones on that page would I need to install sound ? Also if I installed sp2 after a reformat will that help fix these issues ?

PCI Simple Communications Center = modem
    Universal Serial Bus (USB Controller) = chipset driver
    Video Controller (VGA Combatible) = graphic driver, or possibly chipset (do chipset first)

SP2 is unlikely to affect anything, unless you don't have SP1. SP1 (or SP2) is required for usb 2.0.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    All the drivers for you computer are here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&dlc=en&os=228..
    So they are .. I dunno what happened to my link , I edited it anyway ..

From the links given, MovieTrailerMusic wants the files labelled as :-
    Summer 2004 Original Chipset Driver Collection
    Summer 2004 Original Modem Driver Collection
    Summer 2004 Original Graphic Driver Collection &
    Summer 2004 Original Display/Monitor Driver Collection

as well as the file he already has 'Summer 2004 Original Audio Driver Collection', there were btw lots of variations of these units, with & without various extras, should any more '!' appear once the chipset info is applied (thus identifying the computers 'inards' to windows correctly & thus maybe onboard components in the motherboard) then hopefully the required files are on hand..

SP2 adds a lot of security features the RED link on the ones given explain it all

So installing sp2 wont do this stuff automatically for you eh ? worth to ask thanks for your help guys if anyone has any driver problems Im def recommending them to come here

Quote Originally Posted by MovieTrailerMusic
    So installing sp2 wont do this stuff automatically for you eh ? worth to ask thanks for your help guys if anyone has any driver problems Im def recommending them to come here
    Welcome I'm sure .. SP2 is for fixing up xp as far as security & operational flaws go, windows does have many drivers in it, but not all, they are the responsibility of the individual manufacturers of kit (in this case HP) to supply.

hey im having same problem as this guy did, i am at my hardware wizard, am looking at my audio drivers thing, i check properties and it says device is running properly, anyways, when i download the drivers it says i have to install throught the device manafer, i am thier and i dont see how i would do it...any help??